Chapter 4

I just remembered I didn't tell you where's the party.

Markus interfaced with Connor, when he realised he didn't inform him about where they're throwing the party. He walked around his house nervous, waiting for an answer.

I wanted to ask you, but I see you figured it first.

Markus laughed quietly. Connor wasn't dumb, he realised this earlier. He probably didn't have time.

We're organising the party in North's house. She has a lot of space and stereo so this is a right place. First, Kara's coming to me, then I'm taking her there.

He finally sat on a fotel, calming down. How could he forget about so important thing?

Alright, thanks for telling me. See you tomorrow.

Markus nodded, knowing Connor couldn't see it.

See you.

Markus got up after a while of idleness and walked towards the door. He put on his jacket, shoes and he locked the door up. He took car keys from the pocket and opened the vehicle, then getting in and starting the engine. He knew the road he chose very well. It guided to North's house, they had to prepare it a little so the next day there's less to do.

He pulled up the car and got out. He closed it and went to the front door of house he knew pretty well, then he knocked and came in. He didn't wait for an invitation, he knew North didn't mind. They were best friends, they treated each other like a family.

"Hi, North," he shouted, closing the door.

"Hi, Markus," he heard from inside of the house.

He took off his shoes, hung his jacket on a hanger and walked towards North's voice. She was sitting at kitchen island, resting her head on her hand. Living alone surely wasn't anything good for her. She wasn't listening to any music, just was there alone, in the kitchen. However, she looked happy, friends often visited her, so she didn't feel like everyone left her.

Markus sat down next to her and connected with stereo to turn some music on. He chose 30 Seconds To Mars and their song "Do or Die". Nice sounds began to leave the speakers.

"Nice of you to come here," North said, smiling at Markus.

He returned the smile and looked around the room.

"We have to tidy up here. I see you didn't swipe the floor in a long time," he pointed out, chuckling.

"I didn't have any reason to do so," she answered, laughing as well.

"Alright, so swipe the floor and I'll wipe the dust."

North nodded, going to the bathroom for important tools.

They quickly began to clean up, singing, taking turns when choosing songs. North dragged out her room a navy blue dress, showing it to Markus.

"What do you think?" She asked, looking at fabric and pressing it to herself.

"It's great."

"You always say it."

"Because you always choose what suits you," Markus said, continuing his cleaning. "Are you gonna wear it tomorrow?"

"No, I just liked the colour so I bought it. I'm wearing casual clothes tomorrow."

"It's so you," Markus stated, smiling amused.

North only shrugged, put the dress away and continued her part of tidying. They planned to decorate tomorrow. They settled that fotels, the couch and the table will be placed next to the walls so there's a place in the middle. The space wasn't so big like in some dance club but it was cosy. Besides, the guest list wasn't too long.