Chapter 10

Silence in the morning was blessing, but unfortunately, it had to be broken. After all, job couldn't wait. That's why Hank got up with grimace on his face, but who didn't wake up like this, when there was do many things to take care of the same day? The man left his room to enter the kitchen, and make a breakfast, but something else caught his gaze. He was aware Niles stayed for the night, but a view he found, was unusual. Connor's head was lowered freely in stasis he was in, his hand was placed in Sumo's fur, and then Niles had his head comfortably placed on his shoulder, innocently touching Connor's pinky finger with his own, visibly happy about it.

Hank shook his head, took two pans, approached the androids from behind their back, and started to mercilessly and ruthlessly loud hit pans at each other's bottoms. Normal people would jump out of their skin because of this, but Connor just raised his head, Niles looked back, taking his hand and head from Connor's shoulder, and Sumo angrily barked.

"Hank!" Connor shouted, reaching his hand towards him and taking one of the pans away.

"Alright, so now when everyone is awake, we can get ready for work," Hank said, taking the pan in return and hid them both to make himself breakfast.

Connor got up, apparently not even aware in what position with Niles he's been, before he was so brutally awoken, then he grabbed his white shirt and some jeans, and went to get changed. Niles looked down at the black shirt Connor lent him.

When the android left the bathroom, he glanced at Niles and seeing he was watching the black shirt he wore, he laughed quietly.

"Keep it," he said, walking to him.

Then Hank, with a sandwich in his hand, went there and observed them for a moment.

"Where are your shiny things?" He asked, narrowing his eyes.

Connor raised his brows, reaching to his temple.

"We got rid of them yesterday evening," Niles answered, noticing the other android's expression.

Hank jumped with his gaze between them. They were so similar now, he differented them only by their clothing and by Niles' darker hair. Their eyes weren't something that could be noticed at the first sight.

Connor decided to leave his jacket today, Niles did the same. Hank dressed up and they went to the department, all three.

· · ·

"I didn't know who is who for a second," Gavin said, when Niles sat at his desk. "Besides, why, the fuck, did you came here with Anderson?"

Niles turned his terminal on, not hurrying with an answer.

"Connor invited me to him and let stay for the night."

Gavin almost choked on his coffee he just drank. He stared at the android, frowning.

"And you cut your LEDs off together, how romantically," he said, his words soaked with sarcasm.

"Nothing happened, detective," Niles responded, rolling his eyes. "We talked. That's it."

This time, Reed was the one to roll his eyes, placing his feet on his desk and picking a cup of coffee up to his lips, so he could drink it. He scrolled through the files of the case he was assigned to and wondered.

However, he couldn't help but glance at Connor from time to time, who without LED looked softly, and with CyberLife jacket he got rid of every android-ish looks. Gavin thought he was looking at human.