Chapter 19

A/N

I love how people say they're "expecting" a baby, as if it might be something else, like a penguin.

Here's a pic of where Jai and Sahana live, but during the night :)

Hope ya'll enjoy the chapter!🥰

(Monday morning) Jai P.O.V.

I woke up to my alarm blaring next to my ear. "I'M AWAKE, I'M AWAKE!!" I yelled shutting it off.

I squinted at the time on my phone, 6:30. "Ugh, I don't wanna get uppp!!" I whined kicked my legs against the bed.

 To wake me up further, Amiga jumped on the bed and started licking me, "Haha, Amiga stop haha!!" I laughed picking her up and going to my bathroom. I finished doing the usual things you do in a bathroom and went to make breakfast. I wasn't that hungry, so I just blended up a protein smoothie. After finishing that and washing it, because I would go bonkers if I saw a single dirty dish escape my sight, I started to get dressed.

Because I work as an investment banker, the dress code for men is usually wearing suits, but occasionally I just go without the coat, 

because I am a rebel. 

This also means half of my closet is filled with suits and dress shirts that have safe colors such as: white, gray, navy blue, and so on. 

So, I really had to step it up for the other half of the closet, if you know what I mean.

You probably expected that the rest of my closet is filled with statement pieces, bright colors, and such. 

It's not.

The plan to step it up resulted in me buying more neutral, simple clothing.

It was a plan already set to fail.

I flipped through my closet and quickly found an outfit because everything was the same. "I need to go shopping." I sighed. I buttoned up a simple white dress shirt, with navy trousers, and paired it with a silk navy tie. As for accessories, my handy dandy watch, and a brown belt that matched my shoes. All without a coat, because I felt a little rebellious today hehe.

Before leaving, I got all my essentials and kissed Amiga goodbye. 

I reached the garage level and headed to my car.

Before entering in, I got a text and checked who it was,

Kai: Ugh I don't wanna go to work 😫

I laughed 

Me: Who does? It's a pain in the ass but it's all for the $$$  😝

Kai: Yuhhhh $$$$ See uuu 😁

Me: See u :)

I smiled putting my phone away, pulled out of the garage and drove to work. Eventually, I reached my building, opened the door and entered. 

As I was walking towards the elevator, I suddenly felt an arm on my shoulder.

"Who the f-"I turned to see who startled me.

"Hii!!" Kai smiled.

I pushed him away, "Dude, don't do that." I said while fixing my shirt and tie.

"Oh damn I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruin the same shirt and tie you always wear to work." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Whatever. At least I don't come in and look like a headass by violating the dress code." I gestured my hand up and down towards him.