Chapter 24

A/N

When guys try to pick up girls...

Man: Haven't we met before?

Woman: Yes, I'm the receptionist at the STD Clinic.

Enjoy ;)

Sahana P.O.V. (4:45 p.m.)

Cassia: Hey can we meet up after you're finished with work? I have to tell you smth.

Hm, that's weird she doesn't usually text like that.

Is she ok?

Me: Yess ofc 😊

Cassia: 😊 

"She sent a smiley face back, I'm sure it's nothing."

5:30 p.m.

Surprisingly, I finished all the events in my schedule and managed to still have a little bit of energy left in me. And since the day was over, I could change back into the original outfit that I planned on wearing for the whole day,

if Tara actually checked my schedule.

Dumb bitch.

Instead, I ended up wearing the extra pair that I brought for the whole damn day. 

I texted Cassia: You wanna meet up at Choco's? 

She responded: Um is it ok if you come over? 

Ok, now she's making me suspicious. More than Sami and I, Cassia goes to Choco's the most, and rarely is at her place. 

Me: Ok that's fine I'm comin rn.

I quickened my pace towards my car and left the building's garage. I wondered why I didn't get caught by the cops because sis was speeding like she didn't have a care in the world. About fifteen minutes later, I reached Cassia's apartment building and raced to her door.

I rang the doorbell and waited, 

no answer.

I rang the doorbell again and waited.

No answer. 

I took out my phone to call her, but then the door slowly opened.

I saw Cassia like I have never seen her before. She always looks neat and ready to conquer her day, even when she's lying in bed.

But today was different.

She looked miserable and ready to give up on everything but mostly just...

weak. 

Her face was puffy, especially her eyes, giving hints that she was crying heavily before I came. "Hey..." her voice was quiet and raspy as she walked away.