Chapter 55

A/N

¡Buen provecho! (Enjoy in Spanish)

Jai P.O.V. 7:30 p.m.

I don't even know how to describe the rollercoaster of emotions I'm going through right now. 

Because I talked to the person who broke my heart in the past, I confessed to the woman I'm in love with now. 

Turns out she felt the same way. 

And we kissed. 

I smiled to myself. 

My heart still racing, at the feeling of her lips. 

It's addicting to say the least. 

I went back to my apartment, changing into my pajamas and entered back into Sahana's. Sadly, I couldn't stay the night because tomorrow we both have work. 

Immediately, I was hit with delicious fumes of spices in the air. I inhaled and let out a breath in pleasure. 

Hearing all the sizzling, I walked to the kitchen peaking my head to see Sahana working her magic. 

She had her back facing and Disney music playing, so she didn't hear me enter. 

I snickered to myself, as she danced while stirring something. 

She used the spoon in her hands as a mic and sang her heart out. 

She then turned the music down, because I could tell it hurt her own ears, playing it that loud. 

The next song came. 

So This is Love, Cinderella

Nice one. 

Sahana took a deep breath in, as if she was getting ready to perform in a concert. 

I could faintly hear the song playing, but more of Sahana's voice. 

She still faced away from me, so I tiptoed quietly next to the stove, as she went and stuck her head into the fridge to look for something. 

I leaned onto a countertop, resting my chin on my hand as I smiled staring at her. 

Chills ran through my body hearing her voice. 

How the words sound so delicate, naturally flowing out of her. 

Is there anything she can't do? 

"So this is love, mmm." 

"So this is love." 

"So this is what makes life divine." 

"I'm all aglow, mmm." 

"And now I know," 

Sahana closed the fridge, treading on her tip toes and spun, 

"The key to all heaven is mi-AHH!!" 

She screamed putting a hand over her chest, "HOW LONG WERE YOU THERE FOR?!" I shrugged still admiring the sight, "Long enough for me to get reminded about why I fell in love with you. So not that long." 

She had a bell pepper in her hands and threw it at me. 

Thankfully I caught it right in front of my face.