Chapter 12

” It seems we’re almost there. It would be better to head to the side where the wind doesn’t blow as much to settle our camp there. Kereuk. ”

” Let’s do that. No matter how great of a warrior you are, fighting against these winds are beyond our capabilities.”

I nodded at Goff’s words. In the meantime, thanks to our stockpile of ‘ food ‘, we were able to enter the North quickly despite the long march. Although we only had 50 days left for the tutorial, we moved at a somewhat relaxed pace. The march itself had taken 20 days, so we only had a mere 30 days left for the duration of the tutorial.

The time was extremely tight.

Anyways, I didn’t know that we of the South would end up heading towards north, but I think I know why the people of the North were naturally strong.

The harsh winds that attacked my skin felt as if my feet and hands were about to freeze up. To be able to finish the tutorial in such an environment shows why it’s not hard to end up being strong.  If you come to think of it, I think I heard that the monsters up north have some of the most named aquatic species. It seems that they had ‘ selected ‘ the most advantageous species to survive.

” Ggirik . . . cold . . . North is really cold. ”

I could start to hear the mumbling complaints. The pressure that we had to fight as quickly as possible once we arrived started to strain on me. I needed to somewhat relieve the complains of my clan members.  Of course the solution to that would be war and battle. The ‘Green Skin ‘ that loved to fight the moment they were born, it was a useful method to reduce stress.

Of course, it was the same for me likewise who was also influenced as a monster. I could feel myself being slowly frustrated due to walking continuously.

I slowly started to inspect the conditions of the clan members behind me. Whether it was goblins or hobgoblins, although they were better off than humans with their extra layer of thick skin, but Jung Hayeon was having an extremely difficult time enduring. Mev who had a bit of natural resistance was fine it seems.

It was obvious that Jung Hayeon who had evolved into a plant monster couldn’t resist the cold. I decided to embrace her with my body as we went. I wanted to avoid the situation of having a girl who was absurdly my subordinate be lost.

” Jung Hayeon. Over here. ”

” Ah? Ah . . . Yes! Thank you ”

An orc’s body was much larger than a human. Even if Jung Hayeon had evolved into an Alraune, her size was smaller compared to me. I grabbed her waist and pulled her towards me.

” Ah! ”

She screamed as she naturally had her body thrown towards me. It wasn’t just the cloths and leafs that were used when building on tent that were on her body. I also felt a little cold, so I had no choice but to wear those as well.

The other goblins all had either tree leaves or clothes that they made from dead humans  tightly wrapped and fastened on their bodies.

” Are you alright? ”

” Yes. Thank you. ”

Seeing her blush, I continued to resume my footsteps forward. A bit more when we will finally enter the North. We have finally arrived.

” Haaa. . . . haa . . . ”

Despite being attached to my body, as if she was cold, her breaths started to become rougher. Pulling her a bit closer, I was able to figure out as to why her breaths were getting shorter.