Chapter 21

I roughly knew how to wield this greatsword. I do have the compensation of evolving into a gladiator for proficiency, but I also remembered hearing stories and explanations from other warriors who had wielded the greatsword. There were three important aspects. First, efficiently using its reach, second to not mindless swing it. Lastly, to not be dragged from its weight. Since it is a weapon with a lot of weight, it was extremely important not to lose control.

Withdrawing my sword, I quickly swung at the first long-fanged tiger before me.

” Hwiicck ! ”

The sound of the slicing wind.

The first thought that came into my mind.

‘ Imposing. ‘

It was dimensions apart from that scrap steel sword.

” Puck ! ”

The sound simultaneously accompanied the long-fanged tiger as it tumbled onto the ground. It wasn’t a bad first attack, but the problem was that it did not cut. Of course the fact that the tiger had died was true, but it was my lack of skill that wasn’t able to slice that fella into two pieces.

Instantly, I slammed the hilt of my large greatsword onto the rushing beast from my side.

” You bear-like bastard ! ”

Honestly, it did look like a bear. Anyhow, the oncoming number of beasts was quite many in numbers. With this much, it might be even more intense and fierce than the battle in the Northern Forest. But, we were definitely stronger. Our whole clan had evolved once more with that completed quest. Though I did not have a race evolution, but I’m an Orc Gladiator. To be devoured by these beasts would be extremely shameful as an Orc Gladiator by title.

Once more, I swung down my greatsword.

” Puck ! ”

The head of the beast cracked along with the sound. Again, I saw the other beasts leaping towards me. Releasing my grip on the greatsword, I drew my dagger out from my belt and thrust it into another beast’s neck.

‘ Not bad. ‘

Pulling out the greatsword fixed firmly on the ground, I swung it widely at the rushing beasts.

” KYAAAAAAAAA ! ! ”

Before I knew it, I was screaming.

‘ Good. ‘

My body was flowing into the movement. To be honest, there were still a few disjointed movements which I was unsatisfied with, but the feeling overall wasn’t too bad. It wasn’t just because of the proficiency buff as a gladiator why I could fight like this.

10 years of experience. Experimenting with various weapons in order to live, all those traits I picked up along the way was contributing to my performance. Of course it’s embarrassing to an extent to try and compare this to other existences. But . . .

It’s joyful.

” Kereeeeuk ! ”

My sightline reddened as my breath became rough. My body didn’t betray my response. Quickly moving, I practically suppressed those beasts down thoroughly before me.

I slowly began to inspect my surroundings. Everyone else was defending their position in their own way and style of battle. Excluding the archers and magicians, all the Green Skins were advancing forward as if they were competing who would attain more achievements. Against beasts that couldn’t be defeated one by one, they cooperated. The three superior goblin warrior siblings were in the midst of battling against five beasts. The first and second orc warriors were very bravely swinging their swords as well.