Chapter 93

‘Stronger.’

So far the main reason for growing stronger has always been revenge. It was still the same now. With a second life, the goals in my life were meeting Choi Seulgi and exacting retribution on the Sword Saint to some extent, but my perception of this gradually began changing after rebirth – growing up with a brood of Green Skins and then finally leading this clan.

They were equally precious.

In this situation, the first thing I must do is become stronger; exacting revenge on that woman. Though the majority of the Spider Clan would lose their lives due to the Queen of the North, it meant that she’ll become stronger than all of them. I wasn’t sure, but if she could accomplish it, then so can I.

I stared at the weapon which I stole from that woman.

[Cursed Voice.]

[It is a weapon too vague to be called a weapon or a dagger. It is a weapon made by a Siren who initially lived in the depths of the sea. She forged it with her own scales in favor of a loved one from a race of Humans. Whenever her sword is used to attack, a clear, clean sound as beautiful as Siren’s voice. But after time passed and the human used this sword to kill Sirens, a bad, fuzzy sound had begun to emanate. There is a passive effect that reduces the enemy’s abilities when exposed to this sound.]

[Dexterity +3, Mana +2]

Fortunate. It wasn’t just simply good. It was where one considers it to be of the highest grade.

I observed my body was becoming heavy, perceived it was due to her Unique Ability, but now realise that it was a debuff effect from this weapon. I began to slowly recollect the image of that woman in my head.

‘Revenge’

That twisted, short-haired woman… Before she falls under the hand of the Queen of the North, I will make her die painfully before me.

I bit my lip. I had to become stronger than ever before as I am still a weakling on this Continent. This time, I was fortunate to survive, luckily with the help of Green Goblin.

But there is still about one year left until clan independence. If I continue to remain in this state, it is impossible to protect my tribe. If my strength was equal to that of Black Spear, or just below Green Goblin, she wouldn’t have been able to approach me so boldly and recklessly like then. Not only would I have been able to return alive, but I could have also safeguarded my clansmen as well.

During this one year, I needed to be strong enough to be at least, on the level of Black Spear to protect both my body and clan.

As such, time had slowly passed.

For instance, fortunately I had succeeded in returning Ahyeon safely to the city. Thanks to the fierce encounter between Green Goblin and the Spider, a few survivors were luckily able to escape the place. Since the rescue squad dispatched from Legius were all killed by the Spider, it was apparently a miracle that they had returned alive. I made Ahyeon re-enter the cave from the entrance we dug and made her pretend to be safely rescued as she crawled out.

Ahyeon did not want to return after seeing my wounds, but it was an inevitable choice.

It was more advantageous to have her collect and synthesize the information with the Humans, before sending them to me. Since I did not have much information regarding the Spider Clan in the past, I needed information only Ahyeon could bring.

After a few days, I had received some useful information.

[Savior-nim…]

[Speak.]