Chapter 66

The Blood Dagger Clan moved slowly. It wasn’t a battle, but it was a shame that there were no drums to sound off this wonderful departure. Since the Green Skins that always sounded the drums had left together with Goff.

It has been a while since I had last gone on a trip together with Ibar. I sensed he enjoyed the pleasant time as he made sounds of ‘ Kereeeeung, ’ as we walked, while I looked around despite knowing that there were no evil beasts around. Of course it wasn’t just him that was having a pleasant time.

Gark and Hark.

They would always stick beside me with threatening postures as they maintained a nasty atmosphere in the air unlike their normal and stupid faces.

I ran up front and spoke to Mev who was our guide.

“ Where’s the first one? ”

“ The first place is where there are a bit more females Green Skins gathered. It was a pretty nice village . . . I’m not sure if they noticed me or not, but the place was well fortified and guarded. ”

Seeing Mev talk like this, I could already estimate that the leaders that led these groups were not idiots at all. Or maybe they had a lot of fear, but it’s definitely one of the two. As such, we continued to march as we saw the village of the astray Green Skins come into our sight.

“ For Blood Dagger! ”

The amusing part was that as we neared the village, the Blood Dagger Clan screamed louder and louder. When I was thinking about if the village were to flee at this rate, Mev who had entered the village in advance returned with a shocked face.

“ Cap-captain. ”

“ Huh? ”

“ It’s . . . empty? ”

I too couldn’t help but be flabbergasted as well. Entering the village, I couldn’t find any of them. I was sure that there were traces here and there of livelihood. However, seeing how there wasn’t one member of that population meant that they had already known that we were coming. Well, with how much we were shouting and advertising, there was no question they wouldn’t know, but despite that, the fact that they disappeared was shocking nevertheless.

“ They fled. ”

“Fl-fled? ”

Those who run away before even encountering the enemies were definitely those that are not worthy of being called Green Skins. However, I began to be curious. We definitely had no intention to fight. Of course, our stances may be somewhat aggressive, but in their eyes, it seemed as if a great threat was approaching them. Compared to the Green Skins I encountered before, they were completely different.

Looking around, I was able to find the other Blood Dagger Clansmen had begun screaming.

“ Cowards! ”

“ They are cowardly Green Skins ! How pathetic ! Kereuk. ”

“ Despicable is different from cowardly ! Ggirik ! ”

Seeing some subordinates shout that despicable was different from cowardly, as if it was stabbing their own pride, it was hilarious to watch them act so cute like that. Anyhow, in the meantime, I looked over Mev and continued.

“ Can you find their trail? ”

“ Yup, of course. ”

Although it has been long since they had disappeared from their places, their traces were all over the place in regards to their current growth. Even I was able to discover their traces. Of course my ability was nowhere near Mev’s, but seeing footprints here and there, it was obvious.