Chapter 77

The clan led Ragia and her group back to Black Spear’s village, where they eventually received the hospitality and regards of Black Spear. Though I felt that we had stayed here for too long, Black Spear personally told us not to leave, so we decided to stay here a bit longer. As such, we began to reorganize ourselves while living in Black Spear’s village, as much time passed.

“Better. Much better.”

Of course, it has been a while since I had learned the technique of throwing spears from Black Spear. My proficiency had improved, as I had attained satisfactory results, causing me to be slightly overjoyed when I could see these results in battle. Although I might throw weapons other than spears like Black Spear, but surely these techniques will be beneficial for me in the future.

“It is thanks to you, Black Spear.”

“It seems that these techniques match with you better than I thought. Such is the nature of your style of fighting with many weapons. It is extremely beneficial.”

“But Black Spear, I cannot think that I could ever match the power, and force of the spears you throw.”

“We have to wait and see. In addition to power, you possess a Unique Ability, so you can achieve it.”

“Hmm….”

“By the way, it hasn’t been long since your new subordinates have joined you. Are they adapting well?”

I roughly nodded to Black Spear’s question. To be precise, it has been approximately one year since Ragia has joined us. In that time span, the Blood Dagger Clan had experienced many changes. We had suppressed our desires for battle to the utmost of our abilities, and focused on strengthening and reorganizing our hierarchy.

The clan’s invisible rank had become more defined and classified.

For starters, Mev’s power has been consolidated further, as she had been officially declared as the Mistress of the Clan, establishing her seat as the Chieftess. Of course, as the head of the clan’s archers, it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that she was the busiest amongst our clan. After seeing Ragia evolve, she trained arduously, in hope that she could evolve as well, but unfortunately, her body had not yet shown any signs of growth. Thanks to that, she began to confess her worries to me.

‘Captain. What if I do not get bigger?’

‘That will not happen.’

‘Bu….but.’

‘Even if that were to happen, you are still the Mistress of the Clan.’

‘Is that so?’

The source of her worry was Ragia. When she first arrived, she was a bit humble and tame, but at some point in time, she began to change back to her previous self as she slowly, but slightly tempted me with her smiles and cute tail. Knowing the current situation at hand, it did not waver my resolve, but it was enough to worry Mev.

Funny enough, it was amusing to see Mev and Ragia’s pointless altercations, so I let them be. To be honest, if not for Mev, I would have thought of wanting to sleep with her. Ragia, probably aware of this, might be tempting me with these subtle actions to date. The fact is that I was already receiving another type of volunteer service from her, but that was a secret that I could not tell to Mev.

To explain simply, the tongue of a snake was unbelievable. That innate temptress, how could I not hate it?

‘It is alcohol made for the Chief. Please accept a glass. How…are you today?’