Chapter 42

All the weapons were not of good quality. To be precise, they were all weapons used by Beginners. Although, occasionally, I saw some that were used by Intermediates. Though I had no clue why there were such things gathered here, I was able to immediately realize that Choi Seulgi was somewhat strange.

Not sure if the others know what I was feeling or not, the rest of the Blood Dagger Clan jumped in joy seeing all of these weapons piled up here as if they were truly glad.

But, my feelings were entirely opposite of theirs. I was so baffled that I couldn’t organize the facts in my mind. It was due to me constantly searching for the answers of what this situation foretold. I went by the weapons and began walking into cave. There definitely must be some other clues here.

” The smell of blood . . . ”

Mev flared her nose as she mumbled unknowingly.

I could also definitely smell it.

There was blood circulating around this cave. It wasn’t just that. There was a foul stench. It was a cave unlivable for a human no matter how much you think about it. However, seeing the weapons and the other few ‘ traces ‘ emphasized; that there was definitely someone that had lived here.

” This . . . this is. ”

I mumbled unknowingly as well. It was because I was that dumbfounded. As if someone had slept here, there were leaves and cloths in one corner. After going a bit deeper, the stench of blood became thicker.

It wasn’t the blood of beasts. It was definitely the blood of humans.

I hurried along to the innermost part of the cave, where an awkwardly constructed door out of cloth was closed. I pushed it aside, where four corpses greeted me. The bodies were lying around in pieces, so it was impossible to confirm, but seeing four heads, I thought that four people would be right.

‘ What the fuck is going on . . . ‘

The bodies were completely destroyed so it was hard to recognize their bodies. Their hair, toenails, and nails, all of them were unnaturally gone as they had their mouths left wide open, which foretold just how painful and torturous they had lived before their deaths.

But one face was strangely familiar. Since the faces were minced up, it was hard to clearly recognize it, but I think I had seen it once before.

Lifting one of their heads up which was sliced completely in pieces, after closely inspecting it, I was able to remember who this guy was slowly. Though he didn’t have eyeballs, I could not forget the features of this guy’s face.

‘ Shin Duk-ho. ‘

Shin Duk-ho, the one who I had extensively searched for once settling in the Western Forest, was right here in this spot. I could roughly derive who the others were as I recalled my memories, though there was not a single one that looked normal. They were definitely the other murderers that had killed Choi Seulgi and I in the past.

There was no more need to think further.

Anyone who wasn’t a fool would understand why Choi Seulgi, hadn’t returned to the city with how Shin Duk-ho including the other murderers were here.

” Kereeeeuk. ”

Unknowingly, I growled from the thought.

‘ Choi Seulgi had definitely returned. ‘

‘ Choi Seulgi definitely . . . ‘

It seems that she had reincarnated as well. I began to feel that the puzzle was unravelling piece by piece. It definitely seems that it was within her plans to leave together with Park Youngwhan and those other guys.