Chapter 36

The bloody field was reminiscent of hell. Seeing Choi Seulgi stand absentmindedly like that caused me to be somewhat uncomfortable, so I roughly wiped away the blood on her hair and face. Seeing her young appearance, from when she first entered the continent caused my chest to pound. It wasn’t simply due to her beauty at all. I was restless since it has been a long while since I was able to be so close to her. If I had realized that the blood would splash all the way here, I wouldn’t have killed that bastard so brutally.

Then.

Choi Seulgi pupils began to recover a bit. It seems that she could somewhat resist Jung Hayeon’s fragrance, which could completely control an Intermediate Adventurer.

” Jung Hayeon. ”

I quickly called for Jung Hayeon.

” Ah . . . Yes ! Understood. ”

Jung Hayeon’s expression towards me staring at Choi Seulgi was subtle. She could somewhat recognize; that I cherished that girl very much, though she had no clue as to what my relationship with Choi Seulgi was exactly. Her eyes clearly displayed emotions of jealousy. But, she won’t do anything reckless as long as I monitored her. Jung Hayeon was somewhat surprised, seeing that Choi Seulgi was able to resist her fragrance a bit.

” I’m not too certain if it is whether we are of the same sex . . .  it’s not as effective as I thought. ”

” So it’s like that . . . ”

After she finished speaking, she emitted her fragrance once more, causing Choi Seulgi’s eyes to turn blank again. Since she was under the same effect previously, it took quite a while before returning her to that state. I nodded at Jung Hayeon’s words. It definitely seems that the effect was halved for the same gender.

Since I had caused such a scene, moving away from here was priority. But, I began to worry where I should take Choi Seulgi to. I would bring her to the Green Goblin Clan’s lands if I could, but it would be extremely rude to bring a human there when we were under their care. I couldn’t cause a private nuisance, no matter the fact that each clan wouldn’t interfere with each other’s matters.

Most of all, the decision rested on Choi Seulgi whether she would join us, though I wanted to discourage her from returning back to the city knowing her future as much as possible.

She had luckily avoided a large crisis, but I was worried that things might not go well if she were to return to the city again.

But, that thought can be discussed later.

For now, we began to move to a place not far away from the Green Goblin Clan’s village. Since we could be attacked while moving, I retrieved the daggers and entrusted them to the goblins, allowing us to quickly reach our destination.

” Mev. ”

” Yeah? ”

” Take the rest of these children and return to the Green Goblin Clan. Don’t worry. I will be back by training day. Ah ! Come back here once you return the subordinates back to the village. ”

” Ah ! Okay Captain. ”

Deciding to keep Jung Hayeon was for the best. I had thought of sending Mev back, but thinking that I could reduce the vigilance between Mev and Jung hayeon, I decided to call her back. It seems that Mev was extremely delighted with my words. Brightly smiling, she soon disappeared.

” Is . . . is she someone you know? ”

” A bit . . . ”

” Ah. ”