Chapter 79

The day after Nicole was born, I drank too much due to the excitement of the day, and I had even woken up late. There were no other plans for that day except talking with Hakajin, but despite that, ‘Laziness is the bane of life,’ was something I had learned in my previous life, so I was already regretting. Looking beside me, it seems that Hayeon had already left, as she wasn’t here.

Breakfast was already served on the dining table. What came into my eyes were the eggs of Evil Beasts, and herbs cooked in a nice soup base. If it were other goblins, they would have roughly prepared me either fruits or meat, but this part of Hayeon is what I liked about her.

I moved the pot over to the fireplace, and soon heard it begin to boil, as the scent began to fill the room.

I was now accustomed to waking up in the morning and hearing a report from the situation in the city by Ahyeon, so, as if a semblance to reading my morning newspaper, I contacted Ahyeon.

[Baek Ahyeon.]

[Yes… Yes! Savior-nim. I was waiting.]

Her voice didn’t sound so well. She would normally sound very joyful, but something was amiss. I had initially thought that, maybe, I could feel these kinds of things as well from the Covenant Ring, but I decided to wait for the news and decided to solve the original problem from the source outward.

[Was there any news from the North?]

[Yes…Yes! Savior-nim. There is. Though it is impossible to precisely investigate…but if it’s a little…]

[Good.]

[It was hard to locate the individual named Choi Seulgi, but lately a girl named Han Sohye is accumulating a great mass of reputation. There is currently an officer called the Cold Spear, a skilled thief who joined her clan as an officer. I couldn’t find out her name, but by matching the appearance and your description, I have concluded that she is the woman named Choi Seulgi which Savior-nim is looking for…]

[You did very well.]

[Thank you! Savior-nim.]

I had somewhat expected her to polish her strengths under the Queen of the North, but Choi Seulgi is training quite well herself. She is probably lying in wait for her opportunity of vengeance during the war which will happen between the Queen of the North and the Saint Sword in a few years time.

I didn’t worry too much about Choi Seulgi, but hearing her news, I was more relieved.

[And?]

[Ah… the news from the swamps was just as Savior-nim had predicted. For several years, there has been a Half-Ogre who has been running rampant. There were not a lot of survivors, so it was difficult to precisely hear more than that…]

To be honest, this much was enough. This was the limit of information that could be sufficiently investigated on this side, but lately, Ragia has been quite busy, so he had no choice but to request Ahyeon for these matters. In reality, he had not expected much, but she provided great results. Not only Ahyeon, but there was no denying the strength which she was wielding from the ‘Followers’.

[Competent. I’m always thankful to you.]

[It…it is an honor! An honor! Savior-nim.]

[If there is anything else that arises, report to me.]

[Yes. Savior-nim. To be ho…nest, I have something to say.]

[Speak.]

[Thanks to Sa…savior-nim, I have awakened my Unique Ability.]