Chapter 57

“ Captain! Did we succeed with this? ”

“ Well . . . Half of it . . . ”

We had definitely conveyed the message over. While our enemies were fighting, Gark had superbly done his job by leading the woman out of the group, and with Hayeon’s alluring fragrance, we were able to make her enter a hallucinatory state.

I never had expected Hayeon to be able to control her magic to this extent, clearly showing her progression in her skills.

Although, I was a bit taken aback with all of the Savior talk, she probably made an image out of me as a person to lean on.

Not sure what had exactly happened over there, but there was no question that her desire to kill them exists for real.

It was when I was first saw her writings, why I had thought that she would someday attack her party. Of course, whether the attack will succeed or not is unknown, but it was funny imagining her trying to attack from behind. A crazy attempt in a formation with only priests and magicians.

She will send a signal to us using whatever means possible, when she reaches the end of the dungeon. For us to just match her signal and enter was a very favorable situation. Of course, on our side it would be Gark that would receive that signal.

Nodding my head, I patted Gark’s shoulder as a means of encouragement.

Soon, Gark’s face became brighter as we increased the distance between them and us. It was due to meeting Ahyeon, that we were closer than we wanted to be. As we were moving, Black Spear asked me.

“ Blood Dagger, can you speak the language of the humans? ”

I had expected this question already, but it wasn’t a difficult question. I nodded and replied.

“ A little bit . . . not too much. Black Spear, it is best to learn when you can. ”

“ I see . . . for a warrior that has just entered the continent, you have learned a lot. You, are a wise warrior. ”

I could feel a look of admiration coming from him. For some reason, I thought that I had misunderstood his eyes to be similar to that of Gark’s. It was a look of utmost reverence.

Anyhow, we began to move again. With the seed planted, it won’t be long before the seed has budded and yields fruit for the harvesting. Watching my subordinates follow the battle traces for the past few days caused my heart to ache.

Time was flowing, and the guys were moving faster than before.

What was amusing was that there were no longer any casualties. The circumstances were definitely becoming more exciting. The fact that there were just five survivors in this dungeon was strange. Of course, one could think that all of them were swept aside by the Dungeon Master, but despite that, there being only five survivors was definitely strange.

It might be just a personal thought, but in the original past, I think that Ahyeon might have attacked them in this last boss room. If I recall the memory in the past, I didn’t see the high level Wind Magician in the survivor list I think. I blamed my head for not remembering exactly these details.

‘ Tch . . . You reap what you sow. ’

Perhaps as soon as the boss battle began, there was a high possibility that Ahyeon had leapt after the Wind Magician to avenge her comrade. Of course she would have failed, but that sudden time span would have caused the party to be in great danger. Although the dungeon clear was a success, the clan suffered greatly as a result.