Chapter 76

Of course, safety is important in this operation. Although things ended a bit unexpectedly with the matter of Hakajin, but I had ensured that the traces of the humans approaching were erased, and I could not find any evidence that could lead Ragia to believe a test would soon follow.

Even though the Hobgoblin archers of Hakajin’s group were under Mev’s orders, all they saw in the outskirts were Broken Bow’s hunting party. Even they were not too concerned much about the disappearing goblins. Funny enough, we could not even find a shadow of Ragia’s group.

It was strange when I thought about it. Usually, Green Skins did not care what the other tribes did. All they prioritized was the autonomy of their own group. That was the unspoken rule. Even if Hakajin’s group were to have been wiped out by the assault of the humans, he wouldn’t have requested help from Ragia, as it was their own matter. It wasn’t something that Ragia should be involved it.

Of course, since Green Skins were animals who lived in a society-like basis, many of the stories, legends, and rumors were revered for it. But, those stories did not involve the tribes of others, as it was done within the group. It might be different in our case, as Black Spear as a brother clan, but because of that, I did not expect that Ragia would care for Hakajin.

What I overlooked was how she was greatly interested in the current events and circumstances within her surroundings. She was much more intelligent than I had thought.

Despite knowing that something intentionally had happened to Hakajin’s group, she had not revealed it herself. Of course, she might not have known. Like Black Spear and Broken Bow, they would not care much for their surroundings, and would definitely not have realized this.

But she was greedy. Unlike Hakajin, she knew my purpose for reaching out to her tribe, and even guessed why I had ventured here. I began to recall the first conversation we shared back then.

‘Surely . . . you asked if I knew the reason, as to why your Blood Dagger clan visited us?’

‘That is so.’

‘Isn’t it to reinvigorate your clan that is short on bodies? With the countless brave and honorable battles you continue to engage in, the numbers of your clansmen are decreasing gradually. The high proportions of loss, you cannot recuperate those numbers from just breeding. Is this the reason as to why you have come to see us?’

‘That is exactly so.’

Ridiculous enough, she had known precisely the internal circumstances of our clan. Rather than judging how she had known of this by looking at our subordinates, I should have asked about the roots and sources she had used in realizing this fact. She did not only have much interest on her surroundings, but she was one that thought it was pivotal in handling information.

For that kind of woman…

To not reveal herself in the matter of Hakajin’s tribe was much stranger. How could I not be curious?

‘Such an intelligent woman.’

I began to tighten my grip more.

“Kek…………..”

Now she was desperately rolling her head. What kind of answer would be the correct one. To be honest, what reply she put forth, I was already finished with preparations mentally.

“I……..knew….I knew.”

An impressive choice. With this much, I was confident that she wasn’t lying.

“You are an intelligent woman. A wise Green Skin, Ragia. You must know why I am grabbing your throat?”

In order to have her speak comfortably, I loosened my grip. She immediately crumbled onto the ground, frantically gasping for air, however, I did not found this appearance pitiful.