Chapter I: Aptitude Test

Alice's POV

• • • • •

It's gonna be my aptitude test today and I was feeling anxious and nervous. If only Mom was here to confront me, but she isn't.

After my brother Tobias left Abnegation, I was alone experiencing all the beating and traumas my father had to gave me. It's like, there is no one to rely on, except my self. I had to face it myself.

I was getting ready and quickly glanced my reflection on our mirror before heading out to the aptitude testing facility, when I bumped into Caleb and Beatrice.

"Beatrice, you wanna get the other bags?" I heard Caleb asked Beatrice as I stare at them.

Without any thoughts, I helped Caleb with the other bags and carried them. That made Beatrice snapped and responded to his brother.

"Sorry." Beatrice responded when she snapped from reality, and helped grabbed the other bags.

After we've finished helping the elder Abnegation carry her bags, I faced both of them with a grin on a face to hide my nervousness I am feeling.

"Good morning, Beatrice!" I greeted her with a casual grin on my face.

"Morning," she replied a bit nonchalantly and stares at me. "Why are you still here?" Beatrice added, looking at my eyes, confused.

"Well, I wanted to come to the facility with you guys. And I guess it's my luck for bumping you both on the way." I announced skeptically as I cling my arm around Beatrice's. Caleb smiled and nodded my way.

"Sure. Let's get going." Beatrice shrugged before we stride our way to the facility, with Caleb on our side.

We were currently heading down the building when suddenly Caleb talked. "Why are you hesitating to help the woman, Beatrice? It's not that hard to help her especially when she's struggling with her things." Caleb almost hissed at Beatrice. I kept quiet because I don't want to make Beatrice felt more bad.

"I was thinking to help her." Beatrice whispered at him, looking straight towards the buildings when she answered him.

"What if the woman is blind? What if she has asthma and the doctors suggested her to not carry too much heavy stuffs?" Caleb still insisted, so I stepped in.

So, now he's debating? I know what his results would be; it's gonna be Candor. I'm practically sure of that. Hmm.

"Come on, Caleb. Maybe she was in deep thoughts and quite distracted. And maybe she is nervous about the test." I butted them, defending Beatrice from her brother.

"Whatever," he partially rolled his eyes on me. Argh. "Just relax, okay? Take a deep breath and trust the test." he said towards Beatrice.

Uh-huh. Trust the test. I'm scared if it says that I'll stay in Abnegation. It's just, I can't take it anymore if I would stay in Abnegation for the rest of my life. I'm tired of me being beaten by Dad. I'm tired of being told what to do and not to.

Soon enough, we arrived at the entrance of the aptitude testing facility which is currently closed. So, we walked at our designated waiting line which has a logo of Abnegation above the doors. Other doors have logos of other factions which was lined up by their perspective teen factions to take their aptitude tests, too.

I was looking around and noticed that the Dauntless line up area is empty. Maybe they are late and didn't even know the word punctual. But, nah. Their factions is the most exciting and free going clan. I guess that's why Tobias had chosen to be on Dauntless.