Chapter V: First Day Training

We ate our breakfast talking about Eric, the youngest leader in Dauntless. And I also heard that his full name was Eric Coulter. And I suddenly remember Irene Coulter and my Divergence. Is she related to Eric? I mean they have the same surname, so I thought they're related to. Wait, why am I concern about him? His bulky, buff and rude. I really really hate his guts.

After we ate, Four called us to gather at the training hall. He showed us some moves. He really changed a lot. From beaten and bruised Tobias to strong, independent, brave and tough Four. I'm gonna be just like him. He glanced at me after instructing us some moves. We practiced sparring in pares. My partner was Peter and he gaved a power to his jabbing. It hurt but I didn't show it to him. We were doing and practicing just like that when Four announced that we're done for today. So we get out and went for our lunch.

We were eating and I saw Eric staring at me at the leader's table. I looked back at my tray and chew slowly at my food. I looked back again at him and saw him glancing again, this time I rolled my eyes on him. He smirked and I rolled my eyes again thinking about his smirk. His really weird, if I could just strunggle him right now to get him back to his senses. Then Tris asked me and noticed that I keeps glancing someone.

"Are you okay?" She asked confused at me, I nodded and I answer her.

"Yeah! Nothing's bothering me." I lied to her that nothing is bothering me, she's satisfied at my answer so she doesn't bother me anymore and I look back at him again and this time his not staring at me.

We gather again at the training hall and practice by pairs. Peter was my partner again. And suddenly Eric get inside training hall and talked with Four. I didn't hear much about their arguing and focused on my opponent. Peter joked a little bit so I punch him playfully in the shoulders. And I heard Eric commanded.

"First jumper! In the ring. Last jumper! Time to fight." Eric commanded, I remembered that Tris was the first jumper and that big girl Molly was the last jumper. They got in the mat and Molly asked Eric.

"How long do we fight for?" Molly asked at Eric looking at him, but I didn't look at the annoying presence of Eric and looked at Tris.

"Until one of you can't continue." He said coldly and emotionless, I mouthed 'you got this' at Tris and she just nodded.

"Or one of you concedes." Four interupt Eric and they talked again, arguing on something. Until Eric demanded again.

"You'll be scoring on this so fight hard!" Eric shouted, they're circling each other positioned their hands in front of them.

When Molly came closer at Tris, Tris keeps stepping back and get out in the mat. Then Molly gives a nod to make Tris to get back at the center mat again. Molly throw the first punch but Tris dodge it.

"Good one Tris!" Christina cheered, Tris tried to hit Molly but she hold her arms and beat her.

I couldn't take watching them fighting and beating Tris. I saw Four walked away and I was about to walk away when Christina grabbed my wrist and dragged me to Tris. We helped her get up and came to the infirmary. They handed her cooling pads or soothing pads for her bruises in her face.

I was jabbing a punching bag when Eric gathered us in front of a black screen. He tapped from his tablet and the screen turned on. Tris was below the red line and I was in 21th place which is the last above the red line. I felt sorry for her.

"This is your life. If you scored below the red line before the end of the stage, your out. Now get outta here." Eric stated at us, I'm thankful that atleast I'm above the red line but Tris though.

Everyone scattered and some through our dorms and some are into the cafeteria. I was left alone to watch again from the score board and Eric was still there. I didn't looked at him and I walked away, I didn't look back at him because he annoys me. He didn't follow me, thank God. I walked at the cafeteria looking for my friends, when I saw them I get close at them and sit besides them. After we ate we walked back at our dorms and the boys offered us and Christina to get some tattoo so I nodded and when we were getting ready Tris talked about his rank.

"I don't think I can make it." Tris said disappointed to her self, looking down and she's in her Indian sit.

"Of course you do." Christina answered so I answered too to cheer her up.

"Yeah Tris. Where still in a first week of our training." She smiled bitterly and answered desperately.

"I'm the weakest one here." Tris said desperately, I smiled at her and Christina talked.

"Then you'll be the most improved." Smiling at Tris, but Tris is not satisfied at her complement.

"You're just saying that because your Candor. Your not suppose to lie." Tris said and I just listened at their agruing.

"I was Candor and I'm not lying." Christina said and continued to talked "You know what? This is getting depressing. You know what we should do? Get tattoos." Me and Tris laugh a little and I'm hesitating to get some tattoo too. But Christina dragged us to get up and pushed us with the boys Will and Al.

When we arrived at the tattoo parlour, we were amaized by the design that they're offering and displaying. We parted and look for our apple of the eye tattoos that we like. Then I saw a tattoo that similar to Eric's on his arms and that makes me angry a little, thinking about him. I wander around and I saw a Dauntless logo do I picked up the design and goes to an vacant tattoo artist. I'm still wondering if where should this be tattooed in my body part. Until I'd decided to put it on my right wrist so it will be noticeable to everyone. It's stings a little but I can carry it on and wait until it's done. It's worth for the pain I have suffered when it's done and I paid it with my points card. I get to Tris and she was still tattooed so I wait for her to be done. She's wincing in pain and closed her eyes to endure the pain. It looks like they were talking with her tattoo artist and it's a female tattoo artist. When she's done I came to her greeted her and she smiled and asked for my tattoo so I showed her. She's amaized at my wrist and my Dauntlesss logo tattoo on it. We waited for the others to get their tattoos done and came back at our dorm........

-

*****************************************

-

Thanks for reading and I'm enjoying writing this as much as you read it. Please vote on every chapters. I'm not really good at writing English stories. I'm sorry for that.