Chapter VIII: New Friend

The days went and the shooting and aiming training is finally done. So we practiced sparring and fighting. Eric wanted to see bloodshot and beating when fighting. If his that rude and cold leader, I can be just like that too. I can be evil, vicious, ruthless and cruel but not too much. I'll practice hard so I can beat whoever I want to fight. I studied their moves as they fights, their stance and tactics. I noticed Peter steps before he punches. To those who's not watching they went jabbing the bags and exercise. I just watch every fights and soon his gonna call me and fight someone. Noone will ever gonna beat me after dad.

"Alice! In the ring. Al! In the ring." Eric barked at us. So, Al's gonna be my opponent? His my friend. Is Eric testing me or something?

I get at the mat readying my self but Al's not though. We both take stances and positions. His not attacking me so I attack first hitting his left chest. He doesn't dodge it or something.

"Sorry for what I'm gonna do Al." I apologized after what I'm gonna do at him.

I start punching him on the face and his rib cage so he fell on the ground. I start kicking him until he can't continue. That's easy. I didn't even received any punches from him. After I beat him I helped him get up including Will.

"I'm really sorry Al. I don't have a choice." I muttered as we assisted him to infirmary. He just smiled and says.

"It's okay. You really beat me good." Al joked, I punch him playfully at his shoulder and laugh.

We put him at one of the hospital bed and let him rest for a while. As we leave we bid our goodbyes to him and left the infirmary. I talked a little with Will and laughs at his joke. When we arrived I went through the rankings and saw my rank. Woah. 4th place. I'm gonna be first in my class and be a successful Dauntless member. It's Edward in the first place next was Drew and Peter, next was me and Uriah. I don't know this Uriah. Maybe his an Dauntless born initiate.

We ate lunch and spotted Four with someone. Maybe his one of Four's friend. I came close and greeted Four.

"Hey Four! Mind if I tagged along with your friend?" After I say those he motions for me to take sit besides him.

"Oh Alice! This is Zeke my best friend here at Dauntless since our initiation. And Zeke this is my younger sister, Alice." Four intruduced me to his friend Zeke, I smiled and we both shake hands.

"Hi Alice. I didn't know Four had a younger sister. He doesn't told me much about his family." I laugh a little and answers him.

"Yeah. Nothing should be proud about me back then. But now, I'm looking forward to be first in my class." I stated at him, he smirked and seems to know something.

"Yeah right. Four was first at our initiation and they offered him leadership but he rejects the offer. Your really are siblings. I'm sure you'll be a skilled Dauntless someday." Zeke says that make me blush and smirk. So, Four is first at his class. I know that already, since first day. Will talk about him and they offered him a leadership position two times but he rejected it.

"Come on Zeke, just stuff your mouth with food and eat." Four joked and laughs.

We ate and someone came to Zeke, he has a tanned skin, tall and looks like his an initiate like me.

"Zeke! Your needed at the control room says Lauren." The boy says.

"Okay Uriah, I'll come there after I finish my food." Zeke replied, Uriah smiled at Zeke and suddenly he noticed me.

His Uriah? He has a good body structures. He looks capable of fighting someone. No wonder his in fifth place. When he noticed me he greets me.

"Hey there! I'm Uriah, nice to meet you." Uriah intruduced at me and offered his hand. I smiled and take his hand shakes it.

"Hi Uriah. I'm Alice, transfer." I say shyly, his handsome. He came closer at me and talk and talk and didn't notice the time and the surroundings around us.

"So, can you join us at the pit this evening? We have party and drinks. Care for us to join?" Uriah asked, I nodded and smiled.

"Sure, why not? I'll be there at 7 pm. Let's meet at the bar, okay?" I replied, he seems happy at my answer.

"I'll see you later, okay?" Uriah says, so I nodded and smiling at him.

"I'm looking forward for it! See yah!" I waved as he leaves our table and went to his friends. I get back at my table and notice them smirking.

"What?" I asked them. They laugh and continued to eat.

"Uriah seems entertained with you." Zeke teased, I laugh as he teased me.

"We're just an accuintance." I reasoned at them. They just laugh so I laugh along.

"Yeah, you didn't notice him acting cute at you?" Four asked, well apparently I didn't notice him.

"No. I didn't." My short reply as I wonder around looking for someone. Until I spot him at the leaders table. His glancing at me again. He seems pissed and his in bad mood.

"Are you searching for Uriah?" Zeke teased me, I just laugh and answer.

"Nope. I just finding someone." I say as I looked at him again. I just want to hit him more.

After we ate we leaved and I came with Four. This afternoon we're doing some sparring again. I was jabbing the punching bags with Tris. We practiced hard. I noticed Four came from Tris. They seem to suits each other. They talked at each other I couldn't listened a bit because I was busy with my punching bag. Four leaved and Tris seems kind of distracted. So I asked her.

"Tris, are you okay?" I asked she just nod and manage to answer.

"Yeah. He just gave me a little advice." Tris reasoned, after she said those we continue punching and noticed that it's Christina fight and she's grunting.

We came close to Christina and watched their fight with Molly. She seems beating Christina up. Then I hear Christina concedes.

"Stop! I'm done." Christina begged. There's evil face that Eric has because he seems calm and I know when his calm his doing something cruel.

"Need to stop?" Eric asked.

"Yeah." Christina's short reply.

"Here let me gave you a hand. Okay, everyone let's take a break!" Eric announced, and he asked Christina if she's just okay. It seems different from his character. Helping? There's something he was planning on.........