Chapter IV: Brother Beside Me

We continued to eat and I notice that someone came to Four and whispered into him. He look pissed and he stands up. Then a banging of metal cups was surrounding the atmosphere.

"Alright stop!" And continued "Initiates. Stand." One of the Dauntless leader says.

He gave his speech and we clapped. When we clapped, someone lift me including the other initiates. We were laughing and we held hands together. After that we get to our dorms but Four called me so I followed him.

I walked through dark areas and walls leading to his apartment. He opened the door and let me get inside. He closed it and I hugged him, I missed him so much. It's been 4 years since I saw him.

"I'm glad that your here." He said after pulling away, I smiled and answered.

"I'm more glad to see you." I replied while drinking widely. He smiled bitterly, and he questioned me.

"Was dad still beating you?" A worried showed on his face, I smile bitterly too. Dad is beating me once a week or every two weeks.

"It's seldom. When he's angry on something. Or I have done something." He pulled me for a hug again. I thought that's he's a cold person but deep behind, his a sweet brother.

"Now that your here. Let's forget dad and start a new life, a new faction." I smiled and nodded, he has a bunch of questions at me.

"How was mom?" Four asked, mom have left one year after Four transferred here.

"Mom left home three years ago. She lived with the factionless now. She always visits me and sneaks for me." And he asked again.

"Is Dauntless really your results? I saw on your profile that it's Abnegation." He asked, I remembered that Irene Coulter said that I was a Divergent. What really is a Divergent? Why is she hurried to get me out? I was deep in my thoughts and was cut off when Four asked again.

"What was your results?" Shit. She told me that nobody must know that I'm a Divergent.

"Abnegation." My short reply.

"There something you haven't telling me. There's something bothering you." Four retorted, but I cannot respond. "Was it inconclusive?" What? How'd he knows? Is it possible that he's Divergent too? "Come on. You can tell me. Is it Divergent?" Four asked again, I nodded and admitted that I'm Divergent. So, what now? "I'm Divergent too. But we Divergent must stay hidden because they'll gonna kill us." What? Kill? What's wrong of being Divergent?

"Kill? What's Divergent? And why are they killing Divergent?" I asked blankly, he toke a big sigh and explained.

"It's a rare case. Divergent is dangerous, atleast to them. And they think Divergent is threatening the society." I sigh because I'm in a big trouble now "So it's important not to tell anyone even your friends. Have you told it to dad?" He asked, I shook my head and answer.

"No. I just told him that I got the results of Abnegation. I lied to him." He laughs a little and talk.

"Okay, you must go now and sleep." I nodded and hugged him once again. I bid my goodbyes at him and leaved and close the door.

I walked inside our dorms and get to my bed. It's an exhausted day, running, jumping, but I'm enjoying it. I think I belong here, it's gonna be my home. I say good nights at Tris and Christina and I saw Peter and greeted him too.

"You want good night kiss?" Peter joked, Geez, what's with him? My dad hasn't giving me good night kisses, but my mom though. I miss her kisses. She cannot sneak her anymore.

"Haha. Very funny." After I said those I flipped my sheet and closed my eyes.

I dreamt of my dad beating me with his buckle. It looks like real. And then I woke up gasping for an air. Thank God I woke up early and toke a shower before anyone wokes up, and I wear my same clothes. I sat up there thinking about my Divergence and dad. I was up an hour thinking when Four came.

"Alice?" So I looked behind and saw him with a stick. What is he gonna do with a stick?

"Why are you up this early?" He asked and I came closer at him, and answered him.

"I was having a nightmare." He looks worried, and he holds my hand.

"Is it about dad beating you? Believe me, I've always been on that nightmares." So I hugged him tight, I somehow feel that I'm safe with him. He pulled away and motioned me to move aside. He got hit the metal tube bars to wake everyone up and he opened the lights.

"Listened! I want everyone in the pit. 10 minutes." He's cold again, he puts his instructor mode. Thank God I already taken a shower. I followed behind him walking through the walls. He was surprised that my hair was wet and I smelt good.

When we were in the pit I saw Eric was waiting and surprised that I got here early than others. I took a glance on him and look away talking with Four. I can feel his stares watching all over me. I hate his guts, his bossy, ruthless, strong, bold, mascular, handsome. Wait, what?! Why am I thinking this about him? Soon the other initiates had came.

Physical, Mental and Emotional these are the three stages of training that Four instruct us. We listened and suddenly Eric talked from behind.

"Ranking will also determines who gets cut." Eric says, and Christina answered.

"I'm sorry, cut?" She questioned Eric, what is he supposed to mean?

"It means the lowest ranking initiates will get cut. There's no turning back now." Eric stated but Christina barged in again.

"Cut? Somebody should told us that....." She was cutted off when Eric talked again.

"What? That you have choose another faction? If your really one of us, your not afraid if you might fail. Now you choose us, we get to choose you." We were silent and Eric's and our eyes meet but I ignore him again, rolling my eyes. I really hate his guts.

We were starting with jogging so Four leaded our way. I look back at Eric and his looking at me. Did I do wrong at him? Why is he staring at me like that? I rolled my eyes again and he noticef it. He sighed and walked away.

We were marching outside and we were sweating and exhausted from the jogging. Until we get back at Dauntless and Four dismissed us for breakfast. I'm so hungry right now and I want to eat double as usual.........

-

*****************************************

-

Thank you for reading and I hope you still read my book. Thank you and goodbye! Love you and take care from wherever you are.
('ε` )