Everyone ~ Real (2)

woah.

best. dream. ever!!!!

You lay in your bed still staring at the ceiling, trying to remember every detail of your dream. Tony's smirk, Thor's luxurious golden hair, Steve's broad shoulders. And it al felt so real, you could see your dream so clearly. Every single moment. you closed your eyes and replayed the dream multiple times, with immaculate detail and each time your smile grew wider and wider.

Soon though you decided you should get out of bed and water your plants, determined to keep them alive. You sat up and giddily made your way to your bathroom. But it wasn't there. then You noticed the walls. the plain, white walls nothing like your pastel pink polka dot wall paper you had in your own room. wait-

"No no don't be stupid," you whispered to yourself, "it was just a dream,"

but the room you were in now was exactly like the one you were in your dream, down to the landscape painting there was above the bed.

You ran out the only door, entering an even bigger sun lit loft. It had a very modern style with sleek white tables and chairs, a few vines reaped down from the wood pillars above. It was a beautiful and expensive looking living quarters, and right in the center an a cushioned leather couch was a man. No, not a man. Tony Stark.

but you weren't dreaming anymore... or where you? or maybe it was real, but how?

His expresión changed and he looked at you quizzically, which made you realized you had voice the question aloud

"How- how are you real?" You managed to say, to which he gave you his smile

"Well, you see my mom and dad-"

"no no no" you stopped him from saying anything you didn't want to hear. He stood up and put his hands in his pockets, slowly walking toward you and studying your face. You squirmed under his gaze but kept your chin up

"how are you real?" You repeated, "You're just a tv character, superhero's aren't real." You were mostly saying it to yourself. Assuring yourself that you were still in your small bed with your stuffed lion, dreaming the night away. but it all felt real.

"They are here," you turned to the hallway from where the voice came from, and saw Natasha Romanoff walking towards you. She looked so badass and beautiful you might have fainted again. But you locked your knees and stared at her in awe

"Natasha- "

"Romanoff. I know," you finished, shaking her hand. Then you realized it was probably creepy that you knew her name. "Sorry I um- you're really badass from where I'm from,"

She smiled at the compliment, and you were awestruck with what was happening. Hours ago you were in you're own little apartment with a boring, pitiful life. Which reminded you "wait- where am I?"

"Finally, you're asking the right questions." Tony said, taking back center stage, "welcome to the Avengers Facility! And before you go on about 'superheroes aren't real', they are real. Well, at least in this dimension."

You were so amazed by the idea that you were standing in the avengers facility that you almost missed the most important part, "wait- dimension??"

"Yes. You see, the dimension you're from doesn't have superheroes. You just have movies about them with people who pretend to be like us. I gotta say though, I look good on screen," he flashed his millionaire smile, to which Natasha rolled her eyes.

"We pulled you out of your dimension and brought you into ours, so... welcome to our dimension!" Natasha said, opening her arms wide as if presenting something. The idea of being on the same earth you knew, but a different place altogether felt so strange. But cool. And intriguing

"ok.. but why me?" You'd never been a very interesting person. Just a normal college student with her own small apartment. You didn't do anything special, so why were they going through so much trouble to get you?

"Because of your powers," you turned to see Another group approaching you and Tony, consisting of one tall dorito shaped man, another one with luxurious golden hair and a man whose arm glinted in the sun

"p-powers?" You were taken aback by the group of handsome men approaching you, looking at them each carefully. They were all very much taller than you, Steve's eyes shone as he gave you a friendly smile, Thor's firm yet gentle grip as he shook your hand, and Bucky's soft smile as he greeted you.

"Her eyes are beautiful..."

"oh um thanks," you blushed furiously turning to where the voice came from, but the three boys looked at you confused. Except Bucky, his eyes went wide and his cheeks turned a soft shade of pink

"I'm sorry ma'am no one said anything.." Steve said, tilting his head like a lost puppy.

"but... I heard someone. They said my eyes were beautiful." As soon as the words left your mouth, Bucky's cheeks went beat red, and yours did too, probably. A sly smile crept onto Tony's face as he stepped forward

"It's just what I thought. In your dimension powers don't 'exsist', per se. If someone has them, they give off a hum of energy, kind of like waves. They don't turn on all the way, staying in the background undiscovered. that's how we were able to find you. but now that you're in our dimension, your powers seem to be kicking in"

"and my powers are... mind reading?" You asked, starting to wish your powers had kicked in during finals last year.

"telepathy is one of them, yes. I suspect there are more though. We'll have to see what else we can trigger," Bruce said, and you wondered how long he'd been there. He stood next to tony, and seeing the science bro's standing together made you smile, even though everything that was happening was so so confusing

"wait so, I can read minds- and probably do other cool stuff too- and being in this dimension flipped the switch on my powers, and now I'm stuck here?" You asked, making sure you hadn't missed anything. It was a lot to take in, and you were starting to get a bit overwhelmed.

"you're not stuck here," You turned to look at the tall, sandy haired man talking to you, "Hydra has something important and we need it back, so we're going to need all the help we can get. But we're not going to force you into anything, so If you want to go back to your dimension and continue your life normally, we won't stop you."

"But," Tony pitched in, "judging by the energy your powers were giving off to help us find you, you're very powerful. I'm talking, you could take down this whole building if you tried kind fo powerful. So if you do decide to help out, that would be awesome and very helpful but also extremely dangerous,"

"it doesn't sound like I have much of a choice though," you said, taking in all this information. If you did this, joined the avengers and fought hydra, it would be the adventure you'd always dreamed of. Saving lives, having super cool friends and amazing powers. But you could get hurt, even die. And if you didn't do this, went back to your small apartment and settle for watching the heroes on TV, a lot of lives could be lost.

"it's entirely up to you," Bucky assured you, giving you a smile that seemed to wash away any doubt of the choice you were going to make

"Alright then," you said, squaring your shoulders and taking a deep breath to calm your nerves

"Let's save the world,"

~

I really really like this story. I'm considering writing more parts... even a separate book maybe?? we'll see. But I hope you guys liked it as much as I did

Remember to take care of yourself, even just a little. Go get a glass of water, open a window and let the sunshine in. Make yourself some tea, or bake yourself a cake. Do something that makes you happy, weather that's something small like eating a cookie or big like painting a big mural. I know it's hand to find the motivation to do anything but you can do it. You're doing great already by just staying inside so thank you :)

please consider giving this story a vote and commenting, and have a wonderful rest of your week !