nine

"what's wrong with him?"

jungkook looked straight into the other boys eyes, feeling a little angry.

that isn't polite.

"yugyeom, nothing is wrong with him. he's perfect."

taehyung wasn't even paying attention, he just looked out of the window of the coffee shop, chewing on his shirt.

"well there's something wrong with him, he's not acting normal."

jungkook rolled his eyes, trying to calm down so he doesn't grab the boy and sling him across the shop.

"he's autistic. it's rude to say he's not normal, he's different, but he's perfect."

taehyung still didn't care, he could listen if he wanted to, but yugyeom's words didn't really bother him.

"why isn't he saying anything?" yugyeom asked, making jungkook sigh.

"i literally just said that he's autistic. he can talk, but he doesn't. okay? enough questions."

taehyung tapped his fingers on the table, not being too loud because he knew yugyeom was there, staring into his soul.

he hated yugyeom.

he continued to stare, until taehyung groaned and looked back at him.

he didn't know why he was staring in the first place.

he just looked at yugyeom, doing the exact same thing.

"why are you staring at me?" yugyeom asked, and taehyung just continued, eventually stopping and looking out the window again.

"because you are staring at him." jungkook replied, rubbing circles on taehyung's back.

taehyung felt a little uncomfortable, but he didn't really show it.

"you okay?" jungkook asked, getting a blank hum from taehyung.

taehyung was triggered, and he could honestly have a meltdown, but he felt like he could handle it.
======
"i know baby, i know."

jungkook was cuddling taehyung, since the boy just had a meltdown and he wasn't there.

"you're doing so good."

taehyung looked tired, his eyes were puffy and red from crying and he whimpered everytime he swallowed.

"you okay?"

taehyung shook his head, whining and scooting onto jungkook's lap.

"can kookie kiss you?"

"mhm."

jungkook pushed taehyung's curly bangs back, kissing his forehead.

they sat in silence, taehyung holding jungkook's hand as he looked around the sensory room.

"hey jungkook, are you okay taetae?" mrs. kim asked, getting taehyung's attention.

"no? i'm sorry, baby. you threw up, so are you hungry?"

taehyung shook his head no.

taehyung had a panic attack in the middle of his sensory overload, and started coughing for air even though he had air already, because he was having a panic attack and it feels like you can't breathe.

and then he threw up.

"you're warm. i'll bring you some juice, you need to drink something tae."

taehyung whined, nodding right after and resting his head on jungkook's chest again.

"do you want to take a nap with me later, hm?" jungkook mumbled, speaking very softly.

"mhm."

"i know you don't feel good babes."

jungkook rubbed circles on taehyung's back under his shirt.

"if you need to throw up again, there's a bowl right beside me. okay, bun?"

taehyung nodded slowly, and jungkook continued to rub circles on his warm back.

"i love you."

"i love you too."