forty-nine

"my baby boy, it's okay baby."

jungkook gently kissed taehyung's neck and
held his hand to calm him down, because the hospital gave him sedatives and he didn't like it.

they needed him to be still during the mri, and he definitely wouldn't stay still if they didn't sedate him.

"you're being such a good boy, baby."

taehyung whined, looking around the room.

"look baby, daddy's here. it's okay."

taehyung looked at him, eyes sparkling as he sucked on his paci.

"you're so cute."

the boy looked sleepy, his eyes closing and opening as he breathed slowly.

"are you sleepy bubba? hm?"

taehyung nodded, moving his right hand up to reach for jungkook.

"hi baby," he grabbed the boys warm hand, kissing it and intertwining their fingers.

taehyung never really moved the left side of his body while he was sedated, and no one really knew why.

the woman opened the door, locking eyes with taehyung before smiling.

"okay buddy, let's get you into the room."

she moved the bed, taehyung whining and looking back at jungkook.

"it's okay, baby boy. i'm coming with you."

he whined again, pulling on jungkook's shirt.

"you want me to lay with you, sweetheart?"

he quickly nodded, so jungkook climbed onto the bed with taehyung, who clung to him.

"you guys are cute. how long have you been together?" the woman asked.

"one year, almost two." jungkook replied, looking down at the humming boy.

"what are you humming to, baby boy?"

he shrugged, taking his pacifier out of his mouth to kiss jungkook.

"aww, thank you for the kiss, bubs."

he giggled before the woman pushed the bed into the room, jungkook hopping off to help her put taehyung onto the table.

"d-dada?"

"hm? what's wrong baby boy?"

taehyung held onto his shirt, tears filling his eyes.

"daddy..."

jungkook's heart broke.

"baby, daddy'll see you soon, okay? be brave for me."

"like what daddy's tattoo says?" he asked.

"mhm, just like that, bubba. okay, bye bye baby boy."

taehyung started crying when jungkook left the room, not ready to be given a huge amount of medications that make him lethargic and sick.

jungkook wished that he could take all of this away.

right after taehyung finished the second wave of his therapy, he was diagnosed with epilepsy, which means that they have to do a bunch of brain scans on him, which sucked.

he didn't want to see his baby suffer.

and hearing his loud cries from the room really made him upset.

"i'm so so sorry baby.." he mumbled, wiping his tears before he really started crying.

taehyung didn't deserve any of this.

jungkook loves him with his whole heart, he could never leave taehyung, he's gotten too attached.

taehyung is his baby, and only his baby.
==
taehyung whined as he woke up, tired and nauseous.

"hi baby boy, daddy's so proud of you bubba."

taehyung looked like he was on his death bed honestly, his eyes weren't really open and he looked pale.

"you're doing such a good job babes."

a few minutes after they let taehyung get dressed, and he fell asleep again in jungkook's lap, so he carried him out of the building.

taehyung was such a brave boy, jungkook could never go through all of the stuff that he does.

the boy looked like he was in pain, his eye brows scrunched as he whined, only wanting all of this to be over.

after making it home, taehyung spiked a fever and got really sick, so he laid on the couch, his shirt in his mouth while he had one arm holding yeontan close to him.

he didn't want anything to eat, so jungkook just made him drink water because his stomach was empty.

and on top of that, his fever made him have multiple seizures, so jungkook had to open taehyung's watch, that he wears on his wrist to alert him if he starts convulsing and he's not in the room with him.

jungkook felt so bad.

he says it alot, but his baby shouldn't be suffering.

but taehyung looked so peaceful, and it warmed his heart to see yeontan not want to leave his side.

and one day, he would have no more seizures, and he could be himself again.

he could be running around, as a little prince, a little crown on his head as he ran around the parks of disneyland.

taehyung wants to go, but in the condition he's in, they can't go to many places, so for now, it'll be a wish.

and, jungkook knew that taehyung would pass away someday, in his arms, hopefully.

if taehyung ever died before him, he would want his baby boy in his arms, quietly playing everything i wanted in the background as the birds stopped chirping, and jungkook's world stopped revolving as he took his last breath.

and, when he dies, he'll be remembered as one of the bravest boys.

but for now, while taehyung is still here, they make memories.

everyday.

because, what if jungkook's goes to wake taehyung up, and he doesn't wake up, then what?

he would commit suicide.

he would kill himself.

taehyung is his everything, and knowing that the bubbly, happy little boy that he calls his own, isn't on this earth, he would lose it.

he walked over to taehyung, kissing his forehead and rubbing his cheek with his thumb.

"i love you so much."

taehyung frowned as he looked at his daddy, who looked upset.

he got lifted up, pulled into jungkook's arms.

"please don't leave me, taehyung."

taehyung didn't like seeing his daddy cry.

he looked at him, wiping his tears.

"don't cry dada, you'll make taetae sad."

"you're so precious, my love." he replied, pulling taehyung to him again as he held him, rocking him slowly.

"don't ever leave, i want you to be here forever."

"i-i won't leave you dada, do you want this?" he asked, taking his paci out of his mouth, trying to make him feel better.

"no thanks, baby. you're so sweet, but that's for you. your cuddles are enough for me, sweetheart."

"okay!" he hugged jungkook tightly, trying his hardest to stop his daddy from crying.

and even though he was crying, jungkook knew that taehyung would be with him forever, even when he becomes an angel.

because....

that's his forever boy.
====
im crying omg....

okay ily guys, tell me what you think:

okay lemme go cry - Ashton 😎