twenty-two

"shh, i know baby."

taehyung did not like the doctor touching his head, he hated it.

he whined as she continued, trying to be careful to not trigger taehyung.

another brain scan, also known as an electroencephalography.

he had them every once in a while, and this was the third time this year.

jungkook had him in his lap, to make sure his hands weren't touching any of the wires.

"are you being a good boy for me? hm?" jungkook asked, rubbing circles on his back.

taehyung nodded, scooting closer to jungkook.

he started crying, probably tired of the woman's hands all over him.

"aww baby, don't cry bubba."

but taehyung was done with it, he didn't want to do it and he only cried more.

jungkook kissed the crying boy's cheek a few times.

he tried to calm him down, since taehyung was pretty upset at the moment.

"do you want dada to make it better? hm, babyboy?"

"mhm."

jungkook sat him up in his lap, picking up his ipad from the counter in the room.

"here you go baby."

that was the only way to stop taehyung's crying.

they ended up putting taehyung in a chair by himself so they could finish, but jungkook was still there so he was okay.

taehyung eventually got used to it and let her do it.

after an hour, taehyung was free to go.

he would come back tomorrow so they could look over everything.

"come on bubba."

he picked taehyung up, saying goodbye and taking him to the front desk and signing him out.

as the doctor said, it was much easier to attach the wires since they straightened taehyung's curly hair, but it still had curls in it so it was okay.

he put taehyung in the seat, being careful with him because he was a little sensitive, putting his bag beside him and buckling him in.

taehyung stayed quiet the whole time, gently sucking on his pacifier as he played on the tablet.

taehyung didn't talk much today either— jungkook didn't question it because he knew that taehyung was okay.

he got in the car himself, and they got ready to go to taehyung's house so he could get a bath.

"you okay baby?"

"mhm."
=====
"your hair is really sticky, isn't it?"

taehyung was getting a bath, letting jungkook get all of the adhesive from the stickers out of his hair.

taehyung played with the water, pouring it in small cups and other things to occupy himself.

"dada?"

"yes, babyboy?"

"i love you."

"i love you too baby."

jungkook smiled, continuing to make sure taehyung's hair was clean.

after another ten minutes, jungkook was finished and got all the soap out of taehyung's hair.

he stood up, grabbing the towel and opening it for taehyung.

"come on bubs,"

taehyung stood up, letting jungkook pick him up out of the water and wrap the towel around him.

"okay, let's get you dressed."
=======
it took a few minutes but taehyung got dressed, wearing black nike shorts and a black shirt to match, even though he hates black.

jungkook dried his hair, making it fluffy again.
=======
they were back in the car, because jungkook had some places to go and he didn't mind bringing taehyung along.

taehyung was knocked out, taking a nap in the car, since it was his nap time.

he had a pretty eventful day, they gave him more medicine and he had tests ran, and he learned how to say his name properly without stuttering.

jungkook was so proud of him.

someday, taehyung would get better.

and until then and even after that, jungkook will be with him.

because he loves him.

he hopped out of the car, opening taehyung's door.

he grabbed his hand, rubbing it a bit.

taehyung opened his eyes slightly, smiling tiredly when he saw jungkook.

"hi babyboy."

taehyung lifted one hand up, waving very slowly because he was still sleepy.

"do you want to come in here with me?" jungkook asked, pointing to the school building.

it might be saturday, but jungkook and some other students had stuff to do.

"mhm."

"okay, come on."

he helped taehyung out of the car, ruffling his hair and giving him a kiss before grabbing his hand.

taehyung was more awake as they walked, so he became more aware.

he whined, leaning over on jungkook.

"i know baby, i know. dada's sorry."

as they walked into the building, jungkook hoped that changbin wasn't there.

he saw it happen once.
======
Sorry for a late update!! For that I'll make a longer chapter later tonight.