fifty-one

since both of them no longer live with their parents, it's jungkook's job to watch over taehyung.

so, since it was late at night and taehyung was being whiny, he put him in timeout.

he didn't let taehyung stay up much, but he took multiple naps today and it was better if he stayed awake for now.

while taehyung whimpered about being in time out, jungkook sat on the couch, typing away as usual.

the lights were off, and only the tv was on, but you could see through the glass sliding door, where the pool was.

they didn't even go swimming that much because taehyung freaks out and almost drowns himself.

"daddy?"

"what, taehyung. daddy isn't happy with you right now. he should give you spankies." he replied, bringing out his cold side.

taehyung sighed, putting his paci back in his mouth because it was no use, he wouldn't be getting out of time out anytime soon.

jungkook continued to work, getting a little frustrated after a while, so he closed his laptop and relaxed for a bit, clearing his mind.

"fuck. i need alcohol."

jungkook doesn't drink that much, but when he gets super stressed he does, and it worries taehyung sometimes because he hates seeing his daddy get sick from being drunk.

he didn't say anything as he watched jungkook get up, grabbing a shot glass and vodka, which is super strong.

he poured some, glancing over at taehyung who looked at him with a pout, not liking this at all.

"i know you don't like it when i drink, bubbas."

taehyung didn't even reply, too upset to say anything back as he teared up, putting his hood over his head and covering his face, trying not to cry.

jungkook didn't think anything of it, because taehyung always does that, so he went out onto the back porch to look up at the stars.

and he vapes sometimes too, which isn't good for him, but it makes him feel better sometimes.

he sighed, sitting his shot glass down and looking around their yard, seeing taehyung's outdoor toys scattered around.

it made him realize how lucky he really is.

he found his soulmate at a young age, he's making lots of money at only 17, he has his own house, and a car, man, he's really living the dream.

he started to feel bad, because his baby was currently crying, sitting in front of the sliding door, face red.

he sighed once again, "you can open the door, bubbas."

taehyung stood up, opening the door, locking eyes with jungkook.

"come here."

taehyung sat down in his lap, feeling a little uncomfortable because his daddy didn't have his normal, sweet scent. instead, he smelled like alcohol and he could tell that he was stressed.

jungkook didn't say anything, only clearing his throat and looking back up at the sky, his head pounding.

and taehyung only stared at him, scared because his daddy didn't look happy.

"j-jungkook?" he called, his paci out of his mouth.

"hm? why did you call me jungkook, baby? you usually call me daddy." he replied, looking at taehyung.

"s-stop drinking, it's not good for you and i don't like seeing you sick."

"i know."

taehyung started to cry, immediately being pulled close to jungkook.

"no no baby, don't cry." he told him, listening to the boy's soft and muffled cries.

"i don't want to lose you, daddy."

those seven words broke jungkook's heart.

taehyung lost his brother from alcohol poisoning, and he definitely didn't want to lose jungkook because of it.

"i know baby, daddy'll be here forever, okay?" he replied, starting to cry himself, and it was hard to make him cry.

they were both crying together, something that they haven't done in a long time.

jungkook kissed taehyung's forehead, hugging him tightly.

he didn't like seeing taehyung upset.

"daddy's sorry baby, he won't drink again, okay? please don't cry baby, please. i love you so fucking much."

he stood up, holding taehyung and opening the sliding door, closing it back, realizing that taehyung cried himself to sleep.

"oh baby, sweet dreams little one."

he carried taehyung up the stairs, yeontan following because jungkook had taehyung in his arms and he was worried because when he's like that in jungkook's arms, usually he's passed out.

"it's okay tannie, bubba's okay." he assured the dog, walking into their bedroom and placing taehyung on the bed, covering him with the covers and taking his hood off, running his fingers through his curls once more before plopping down beside him, too lazy to grab his laptop from downstairs.

yeontan hopped on the bed between them, so he turned the lamp off, falling asleep with taehyung.

the next morning, taehyung woke up sad because jungkook was vomiting, his head hurting like hell from drinking last night.

"dada, are you okay?" he asked, standing by the bathroom door.

"i'm okay, baby boy. can you go downstairs and play with tannie for a bit? i don't feel too good right now babes."

"okie dada, taetae hopes that you feel better." he ran off, going downstairs to do as he was told.

he was still worried about jungkook though.

he plopped down on the couch, grabbing his ipad off of the coffee table and giggling when he saw his lock screen.

it was a silly picture of him and jungkook, taken when he was at the hospital, a few hours before he was diagnosed with epilepsy.

it made him smile.

jungkook came downstairs, face pale and green, looking at taehyung.

"no more yucky dada?" taehyung asked.

"mhm, no more yucky dada, baby. i feel better now."
===
this is just a chapter for you to read while i work on the multiple chapter update- ily guys🥺💕

also mattia polibio is just- 😌

-Ashton😎