eleven

jungkook made it to the hospital right after taehyung got out of surgery.

he got surgery on his ears, because he almost went deaf and needed surgery as soon as possible.

they wheeled taehyung into the room, and he looked spaced out.

taehyung's mother laughed a little, the boy had his mouth wide open and he looked dazed.

"hi baby," jungkook spoke.

taehyung looked at him, raising an eyebrow.

one of the doctors wiped his mouth because he started drooling, and he moved her hand away.

"don't touch taehyung."

they started laughing, and got taehyung back in his place.

"how do you feel?"

"awesome."

"yeah?"

"mhm."

"he feels a little nauseous right now, we had a little close call in the operating room." the nurse told them, looking at taehyung.

"okay." mrs. kim replied, running her fingers through taehyung's hair.

"no. don't touch taehyung. kookie." he told her, reaching for jungkook.

jungkook stood up, going over to hug taehyung.

"hi tae."

"wassuuuuup dudeeeee,"

jungkook giggled.

"doesn't seem like you are autistic now, hm?"

taehyung nodded.

"taehyung is autistic."

"i know, bubs."

after a while, jungkook left to go get his stuff to spend the night with taehyung, and taehyung's parents left too.

but taehyung didn't mind being alone, he had tv so he was good.
====
"hey babes, how are you?"

the anesthesia wore off, so taehyung was back to normal.

he felt pretty bad, but taehyung's mother said that he did pretty good.

taehyung just looked up at jungkook, his curly, now black hair pushed back.

"hi baby."

taehyung waved, grabbing the tiger plushie and hugging it close to him.

"who's that, bubs?"

"tiger." taehyung replied, playing with the tigers ears.

"yeah? do you feel better?"

he shook his head no, his ears still hurt.

he only cried once, which was after surgery when he went for a ride on the hospital bed.

it was a fun ride, but he ears hurt bad and he wanted his parents and jungkook.

"you wanna hear something, tae babes?"

taehyung nodded, looking away from the tv.

"i'm staying here with you."

jungkook was asked if he could, because taehyung's parents have to work tomorrow and he didn't have a major surgery, and of course jungkook could call.

taehyung smiled.

"you're so cute, bubs."

taehyung nodded like he knew.