fifty-two

it had been a few weeks since the couple had yeontan with them, and the weeks that went by didn't feel right to jungkook.

something was off like something was bound to happen anytime soon, and he hated that feeling.

and just as he expected, something happened.
===
it was around eight am, the sun not fully up yet as jungkook laid in his bed, restless.

his baby, taehyung slept next to him, soft whimpers coming out of his mouth at times as he dreamed.

something wasn't right.

he got up, grabbing his phone and looking out of the window.

there were no birds chirping.

his phone went off, buzzing in his pocket as it played the sound of taehyung saying "i love you daddy!" repeatedly.

it was taehyung's sister.

he answered, putting the phone up to his ear.

"hello? what's up, taechi?" he asked, leaning on the windowsill.

"hey, can you come to the hospital with tae? i think he would want to say goodbye to his papa."

jungkook furrowed his eyes in confusion, eyes still looking outside.

"what?"

"look- tae's papa had a heart attack not too long ago, we're losing him, kook. can you wake taehyung up and bring him over?"

"oh shit- yeah, i will."

he hung up quickly, walking back over to taehyung's sleeping figure.

he pulled the covers off of him, lifting his shirt up.

"baby," he kissed his tummy. "wake up."

taehyung whimpered, opening his eyes.

"good morning sweetheart."

taehyung smiled at him, giggling a little.

"good morning dada."

he sat up, reaching for the male who now stood beside the bed.

he picked him up, kissing his cheek and rubbing his back.

"let's get you dressed babe. and after, dada has to tell you something, okay?"

"okay."

they both got dressed, now brushing their teeth together as they both looked in the mirror.

jungkook didn't want to make taehyung suspicious by acting different, so he smiled at him to make it seem like everything was okay.

after, jungkook sat down with taehyung to tell him the news.

"baby boy, your papa is dying sweetheart."

taehyung looked at him, a small frown on his face.

"it's okay to cry, baby. i'm here, okay?" jungkook assured, playing with his hair.

taehyung started to cry, so jungkook pulled him into his arms and held him.

"i'm so sorry baby."

his heart broke as he heard taehyung's soft cries. he shouldn't be crying right now, and his father shouldn't be dying.

"d-dada.."

"yes, baby?"

"is my papa happy now?"

"yes, my love. he's so so happy, and guess what, bubs?"

"what?"

"he's not in pain anymore."