Ugh Another Reason to Hate the 60s

***Chapter Eight***

      Ryland moved out of the apartment her and Elijah shared. Mostly because the Martins lived there as well and with out Elijah there it was just awkward. Plus Dr. Martin son was allergic to cats. So she moved into the only building that had a apartments for rent and that just so happened to be Alaric's building. Believe or not she forgave the hunter for temporary killing her best friend mostly because she understood, he was protecting his family and she would have done the same. They also work alongside each other and she didn't need it to be awkward.

Ric has been sick for a couple of day so she been taking over his history classes. Thankfully the students seem to like her but Ric's coming back today and she never felt more thankful. If she had to teach one more day about the 60s she would have lost it.  "Good morning class, what are we learning about today" Alaric said when he entered the class. Ryland sniffed the air confused why it smelled of Wolf. Causing her eyes to shift to blue, she quickly blinked trying to regained her composure.

"Well with the sixties dance tonight we've been taking about the sixties" the know it all in the front row said.

"Thank you" Alaric nodded in appreciation "I wish there was something good I could say about the 60s."

"I knew I liked you for a reason Watson" Ryland spoke cause a few students to laugh and Ric to look at her confused.

"Yes well let's see there was the Cuban missile Crisis,  JFK assassination, watergate" Ryland furrowed her brows in confusion. Was Alaric drunk?

"Watergate happened in the 70s Ric" the doppelgänger correct. Causing the class to laugh "I mean Mr. Saltzman" she said embarrassed.

"Right it all just mushes together thank you Elena" he stared at the brunette in an amazed almost longing way. Causing Ryland to be a little creeped out.

"Alright Watson, you're obviously still not feeling well,  looks like I'll be taking over" she said saving the hunter from make a foul out of himself self. "Okay as Mr. Saltzman said the Cuban missile crisis happened in the 60s, 62 to be exact. The United States was in the middle of a Cold War against the Soviet Union. With the creation of atomic war fair the the United States and the Soviet Union declared M.A.D or mutually assured destruction." The Klaus/Alaric watched the girl in fascination, the way her eyes lit up when she spoke about something. Or how she demanded the attention of every single student.

Ryland continued to teach until lunch when she finally confronted Ric Wolf smell still lingering confusing the hell out of her. "Okay what the hell Ric" she said throwing an apple at the hunter. "I gave you a pass because you were sick but showing up drunk and making me teach about the hippie era REALLY" the blonde ranted.