The First Hybrid

***Chapter Sixteen***

Ryland successfully found where Rays 'Pack' was, before Klaus snapped his neck, and surprisingly Stefan came back. They were currently hiking up the smoking mountains, Klaus leading of course, Ryland following a step behind him, and  Stefan following along holding a soon to be hybrid.

"Ray getting a little heavy" Klaus asked mocking his old friend. "If you need a little sit down, my some water" Klaus continued.

"Umm I get we're stuck together, but if we could skip the chitchat" Stefan said rearranging Ray in the more comfortable position on his shoulder. Ryland couldn't careless about the conversation that was happening around she was excited to be in the woods surrounded by nature. Her wolf  loved it, of course she wanted to ask Klaus if she could go on the run especially it being a full moon but they were here on business. "So much brooding your self-loathing is suffocating you my friend".

"Maybe it because we've been hunting werwolves all summer"

"Well thanks to our pal and the assistant of Ryland we've found ourselves a pack" Klaus said walking into the camp "excuses the interruption, my name is Klaus" the hybrid said then looked at Ryland "and this is Ryland"

Ryland smirks, while her eyes glow blue "My Queen" the Wolves say Simultaneously while there eyes glow yellow. All  except two, one of which was human and Ryland couldn't fault him for that. But the female next to him looked like she was sizing Ryland up. "And you're the hybrid" one finally said after snapping out of Rylands trance. Ryland walked over to a rock while Klaus did his thing. " you've heard of me fantastic"

****

For Ryland it practically felt like an eternity waiting for Klaus new hybrids to wake up. Not to mention the bicker between the boys practically sent her screaming down the mountain. But most important her  wolf kept nagging her practically begging her to transition. It was a new feeling she usually felt in control of her wolf. Ryland thought it could because she gave Klaus control of a pack she's never done that before ideas swirl trough her brain trying to get a sense of control back. She knew Elijah would probably be able to help her but without him she felt lost. "Love are you alright" a masculine voice caught her attention. Her bright green eyes met stormy blue ones knocking her back to the real world.

She nodded in reply before giving him a verbal answer "yes just lost in thought" she thought the answer would satisfy him but it only made the hybrid more curious. Before he could answer Ray ran charging for the first alive thing in the area. Before she could brace for the attack Ray pushed Ryland off the rock sending her crashing on her back.

Losing all control she let out a threatening growl eyes a stone cold blue daring the new hybrid to try again. "Want to dry that again" she mocked eyeing Ray top to bottom.

"Easy love" Klaus said fascinated but also alarmed she might kill his first hybrid. She turned her head to Klaus about to reply before she felt the wind of Ray speed indicating he was gone.

"Stefan go after our run away" Klaus yelled not taking his eyes off Ryland. When he herd Stefan leave he walked over to the blonde whose eyes were still a brilliant blue. "Love" he questioned gaining her attention. Her eyes changed back to normal as they met his stormy blue ones. There moment was soon interrupted by Stefan who smelled of werewolf venom.

"I'm sorry he got away" the Salvatore said looking at the duo who were focused on each other. Klaus turned around looking at the bite on his past best friends arm "that looks quite nasty"

"Yeah ray bit me I'm going to need your blood to heal me" Stefan mumble out look as his forearm back to the hybrid. "Why don't you go find Ray, and then maybe I'll heal you" Klaus replied with a smirk.

"You can't be serious" Ryland said break up the soon to be fight. Klaus didn't show it but he was relieved she was okay. " Is very serious love, you might want to get going that bite looks quite serious"

***

Stefan ran off to find ray once again leaving the hybrid and Ryland together, she tried to go help Stefan but Klaus ordered her to stay put. They sat in a comfortable silence waiting for the hybrid to wake up. Klaus head was full of excitement and a little worry for the female wolf he began to enjoy the company of. Of course when he undaggers Elijah she'll leave him like everyone else. His melancholy thought her cut of by Ryland who touched his shoulder and pointed to the awaking hybrids.

The female that wouldn't Submit to Ryland was coming towards both of them blood poor out of her eyes much like rays did earlier. "Ryland stay behind me" Klaus growled putting a protective hand in front of her.

The female wolf pounced but before Klaus could react Rylands hand was in her chest cavity. "Firstly Nicky never tell me to stand behind you" out of the corner of her eye she saw another zombie hybrid approaching Klaus "secondly watch out" she yell before shifting into her white wolf who has been begging to come out all day. Launching at the fast approaching zombie hybrid.

Klaus soon follow her lead. Ten minutes later a dozen hybrid lied dead at there feet. Ryland muzzle was cover in thick red blood while Klaus hands and shirt were soaked in blood from ripping out hearts. Crestfallen the original hybrid sat on a log "it should have worked"  he mumbled putting his head in his hand. Ryland noticed this and walked over rubbing her head against his side. Stefan appeared moments later holding ray who was missing a heart.

"I'm sorry I failed you" Stefan said throwing the body on the ground with a large thud. Klaus got up grabbing a bear bottle and gestured to the dead hybrids "some I killed other Ryland" he's said looking at the girl who was still in wolf form "I did everything I was told, I broke the curse I killed the doppelgänger" Ryland saw the flinch Stefan tried to hide. " In the end you two are my only comrades" he finished breaking the bear bottle and pouring his blood into the broken bottle.

"Come back to the car when your ready little wolf" Klaus said patting her head following Stefan out of the woods.

******

Updated

https://hips.hearstapps.com/digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/25/1466436005-tvd0302-0294.jpg?resize=480:*