The Death of Two

The Death of Two

***Chapter Fourteen***

Klaus was driving, Stefan was brooding in the backseat and Ryland was happily drinking her ice coffee she made Klaus buy her. Bean slept peacefully in her lap she pet the cat every now and then. The blonde reached for the radio only to have her hand swatted away by Klaus. "Fine fine who knew you like jazz music, it doesn't really scream 'I'm a villain'" she said sarcastically causing the vampire in the back seat it chuckle, she was only thing about this experience that Stefan enjoyed.

"Now love what do you know about being a villain" Klaus remarks. The two grew close during this road trip, Klaus was being to see why Elijah likes her she is loyal to a fault.

She gave him a face that she thought looked evil but Klaus just thought she looked like an adorable kitten "A lot more than I let on my dear hybrid friend" causing Klaus to smile. The hybrid pulled over to the side of the road ready to put his plan in action.

Klaus got out of the car and vamp speed over to the passenger seat to help Ryland out. "Will you play your part love?" He asked while moving a piece of hair behind her ear. Stefan watched there relationship grow and even he had to admit it was cute.

"Of course why else am I here" the blonde gave the hybrid a slight smile. Without warning He grabbed her waist and vamp sped in front of a woman you looked at them shocked.

"Can I help you" the girl asked the pair who were so clearly a couple.

"Yeah our car ran out of gas a couple of miles back and you're the first house my girlfriend and I have stumbled upon" Klaus said in a fake America accent. Ryland bit her lip trying not to laugh at his horrible attempt. " We were wondering if we could borrow your phone"

"Don't you have a cell phone" the girl said looking between the two. They didn't exactly look like they've been walking miles especially in the Tennessee heat.

"it's dead I told him to charge it before we left" Ryland said playing her 'part' " but you know men they never listen especially this one" the blonde said slapping the hybrids chest. "And well idiots flock together I suppose, I left mine back at the hotel" which wasn't a lie and Klaus refused to to back for it but ended up telling her he'd buy her a new one after she refused to talk to him.

" okay" the girl said starting to walk up the steps.

"So we can come in" Klaus asked hopeful.

"No, I'll bring out the phone to you and your girl" she said stubbornly. Klaus grip tighten around Ryland who started to rub soothing circles on his back. Which worked for a second until Klaus stepped away from her embrace.