~|11|~

Sometimes, words can hurt you but don't allow them to devalue you.

Bae Joohyun~

1 month later-

"I would like 2 muffins, Iced Americano with sugar in it. And..ummm..How much would cost?" A customer showed up.

"That would cost 10,153 WON." I beamed, handing her the order. She greeted me while she sat on the table and started to munch and nibble on it. I gave a shiny smile as I checked my order list. I'm saving a fortune!

Ever since I got fired on Asan Medical Center, my job here got effortless yet amusing. Even though I didn't meet Chanyeol for like a month, I feel like a freebie while on the other hand, peaceful and pleasant.

I still remember those times Dr. Wooseok gave me those lectures while I still don't have any considerations on him. What an inarticulate person I am!

I stared at the shiny sun beaming at me. I grinned. Another job; so another life...

"Excuse me miss? Excuse me miss?! Earth to Ms. Joohyun?" A customer stared at me with wild eyes.

"Oh sorry! May I take your order?"

Working at Namusairo Coffee shop was painless, so I could save a-lot of fund in just one day. Just take people's orders and hand it to them! Especially at night, which is a busy cafe, but at the morning it's really peace and restraint. I also put some calming music for the background, so people would enjoy their tea-time. They also come as a family, a pair or just them itself. I just smiled. I don't know why, it just makes me so happy and want to simper higher. 

I close at 2 am, so I just go to bed as I drive. Other than that, my cafe is always susceptible. I pulled the 'Close' sign and drove cautiously home. My mom was asleep, but my brother was busy with his studies.

"Oof, math test tomorrow! Noona, will you help me with it?" he stared at me, full of stress. I nodded and helped him with the equations.

"Do you remember what dad has told us?" I turned at him, "Your victory is right around the corner."

"I remember that quote. Dad always used to summon it to us, when we were little kids." Jinyoung gave me a smile, followed by a tear on his eye.

"Jinyoung, it's true, your victory is right around the corner. You can never fail - but succeed." as I solved his problems of his test.

The night went quiet, and I dozed of to sleep after his problems were finally solved. 

I got sweet dreams of me and my dad. I didn't even notice that I woke up full of tears.

"Why am I crying? What just happened?" I took a tissue and wiped those sharp tears that already passed my chin, dropping right at my blanket. I got a really good dream, tho. Is it because I helped my brother through my dad's quote? I really do miss it.. I do.

I got up, still thinking of the dream I got. It was more of a memory to me. A memory back when I was a little baby. It was my father helping me with a math problem I got. It was a simple addition and subtraction. Then he told me a quote, which silly me forgot. He keeps on giving us quotes, though I forgot them by now, except for the one I disclosed to my brother. I felt like my heart bled as I say those words.. I just miss my father so much..

As I got up, I heard an echo.

 It sounded very familiar.

 "Joohyun!"

"What was that?" I flinched, "WHO WAS THAT?!!" 

And then, I just realized. 

 "Dad? Is that you?"

No reply.

I just shook my head. I took a step-

I heard that sound again.

 "My Joohyun! Where did you leave me?!"

'

And that's where I learnt my lesson: Words can hurt you but don't allow them to devalue you.

At the cafe- (8:05 pm)

"Oh my- Wendy! What brings you here?!!" my eyes popped wide open.

"Hahaha, of-coarse I know that!" She laughed.

"What would you like to eat?"

"Umm, just simple tea, that's all!"

"That would cost 0 WON." I grinned. So did she.

I brought to cups of tea, and sat on a table flatly.

"So, how are days going?" I took a sip of the hot, blazing tea floating through my face.

"Nothing much..." she growled. We both talked for like a half an hour blablabla..

I told her about my confrontation with Chanyeol, and how I got fired, this and that. She told me about her vacations, that she went on a hotel and her relish due to that. We were both having an amazing conversation, after such a long time. She also apologized for the car crash that happened ages ago; basically my dad...

"RUNNNN!!! THERE'S A ZOMBIE ATTACK!! AHHH!!!" I heard a man from the street run heavenly crazy.

"What happened?" Wendy poked her face to see on the window. It was night, so it was extremely dark we barely saw anything.

I stood beside the door which leads you to my cafe, appalled.

When I saw what was going on, I didn't see a zombie. It was someone I knew. It was someone I got fired of. It was someone I was a psychologist of.

"Chanyeol.." was the only word that came out of my mouth..

"It looks like he escaped the hospital." Wendy sneered, "twice."