TWENTY-FOUR

"What's up?" I asked when I finally got there. "We recieved a threat and it's not from our normal enemies." I took the paper.

You have two weeks to give me what's mine or yo daughter and yo mama gon be mines. I know where she lays her head.
Your choice
-MD

I scrunched up my face. "Who the fuck is MD?" I asked and they shrugged. All I know was this motherfucker was threatening my daughter and my mom and that wasnt finna happen.

"Try to find as much shit as yall can." I said walking into the office and found my strap. Nobody threatens my fucking daughter or my mom. 

Karin

I was signing papers and contracts for my store when my phone buzzed. I gotta text from an unknown number.

Unknown: If I were yhu I'd go to where tf yu belong and if you dont some1 yhu care abt will be missing. Your choice.

I stared at the phone in utter confusion. I went to call Dave.

"Wassup mamas?" He asked. He sounded angry. "I just recieved a threat from an unknown number." I said and he cursed before calling someone named Joaquin.

"Mamas what's the number?"
"856-842-6221." i said. He told me to pick up Kairi from Millie and get his mom and go straight to his house I told him I would and hung up.

I left the store and drove to Millie's house. I knocked three times before she answered.
She looked me up and down then rolled her eyes. "What you want?" She asked all nasty and shit.
"Dave told me to get Kairi." I told her and she scoffed. "Dave can come get his kid on his own. Kairi don't even know you so she's not gonna come to you." She said.

I already had a temper since someone threatened my fucking daughter I'm pretty sure. So I went off. "Listen like I fuckin said. Dave told me to pick up Kairi and that's what the fuck ima do if you don't give me Kairi I'll go get mama and she'll get her out that fucking house. Play with me if you want to." I said.

She kissed her teeth and allowed me to walk in. Kairi was laying on the floor sleep. "Some mother you are." I mumbled and picked Kairi up.

"Wheres her stuff?" I asked and she got her stuff and gave it to me. I walked out the house and put her in Cherish's carseat then I went to get Dave's mom, Chanel.

Kairi soon woke up and started singing to a song I had on. "Kairi wanna sing with me?" I asked and she nodded. I turned on Bust It Baby pt 2 by Plies.

She instantly shot up. "I love this song."

"She got me speedin in the fast lane
Pedal to the floor man, tryna get back to her love, her love. Best believe she got that lil good thing she my lil hood thang." We sang together.

"That's my favorite part." She said and I smiled all big and shit. "Mine too." I said and we sang the rest of the song before pulling up to Chanel's house.

"Grandma house!" She squealed and I laughed as I got her out the car.

"Hey Karin." She said and hugged me. I was surprised since I haven't properly met her yet. "Dave told me everything and I got everything packed. We then got back into the car and made our way to Dave's house.

I turned the radio on and heard, Crazy Things I do and before me or Chanel could sing Kairi surprised us.

"I put you in the fliest gear
Making sure your tight,
Perpetrating making you think everything's all right.
Call you on my cell phone baby even on my time. The crazy things I do for love.
Bouncin baby acting like the money ain't a thang, only if you promise girl that you will try no game. Kiss me girl and I'll spend every dollar to my name. The crazy things I do for love."
"Kairi what you know about this song?" I laughed and she giggled.

The rest of the way we sang to old school music.

When we got to the house I saw Dave's red Audi so I knew he was here. Chanel got Kairi and I got their bags. We went into the house laughing and shit but our smiles instantly fell when we saw Dave pacing in the living room.

He ran towards us and kissed Kairi, me and his mom like he lost us or sum. "Dave what's wrong?" I asked. He sent Kairi to play and he sat me and his mom down.

"I got a threat and ion know from who." He said and showed us. "MD." I said. "Its M-Marcus." I stuttered. I felt like I was gonna be sick.

"How you know?" They said at the sametime. "His full name is Marcus Davis." I said and Dave was pissed off.

"What the fuck?" He shouted and I started crying. I thought he'd finally leave me alone since I haven't heard from him in a while.

"I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." I cried. If I never would've stayed with Dave none of this would be happening. Dave and his family would be safe.

"Hey  Ma, dont blame yo self." Dave knelt in front of me. "Its not yo fault." He said hugging me and I pushed him away. "It is. If I never would've stayed yall would be safe." I cried.

"Babygirl, you did the right thing. You left an abusive relationship. This ain't nobody fault but Marcus's. He shouldve never put his hands on you." She told me and I looked up at her.

"I'm sorry." I repeated shaking my head. All Dave and Chanel did was held me and told me none of this was my fault, that I have nothing to be sorry about.

The thing is, I did.