Dancing Flames

Enji Todoroki, or Endeavor patrolled the streets waiting for any stray criminals to appear, but the criminal activity had lessened ever since the rise of new heroes from Classes 1-A and 1-B. 

"Shoto...why haven't you returned," he murmured, having lost some respect because of his exposed behavior. Todoroki had exposed Endeavor in an interview, giving a not so subtle hint to how horrible his childhood was. 

Todoroki had said briefly how Enji had trained him harshly when he was as young as five, scorching him relentlessly with fire until he could take it without damaging himself. He would work until he vomited on the floor, while Endeavor watched stoically. 

"You can't play with them, Shoto," ordered Enji, the same order that he would give throughout Todoroki's entire childhood. Endeavor didn't regret treating him this way, however, as he saw his son improve and grow more powerful every day. "You're my perfect creation," he had said. 

He stopped at an alleyway, hoping he would find some sort of villain activity inside. He smirked, thinking of any villain's reaction if they were to come across him. 

"If anyone's down there, come out with your arms exposed!" demanded Enji. Two citizens passed behind the hero, giggling to themselves after watching his outburst. 

"And what is so amusing to you!?" snapped Endeavor, baring his teeth at the innocent passerby. "Villain activity lies around every corner, don't laugh like children!" 

When they quickly rushed out of the confrontation, Endeavor resumed his search. He ventured deep into the passageway, looking left and right for any activity. Anything at all. 

"I used to be getting the most exclusive cases...what happened to me?" he pondered, scratching his head in annoyance. He then noticed a man near a dumpster, smoking a small cigarette. 

"Hey, look who it is," he commented. "I didn't think I'd see Endeavor today." 

Enji's face contorted into anger, leading him to approach the man hastily. He didn't really express interest about the hero's presence and stared at the ground in boredom. 

"Why are you down here alone?" questioned Endeavor, not seeing the man as any kind of threat. He had medium length black hair with several orange streaks and carmine eyes. He looked to be between 25-30. 

"I don't know, maybe I just wanted a smoke. Why so curious?" he asked. Endeavor was getting weirdly irritated at this man's behavior, wanting to imprison him for a few days because of his aura of disrespect. 

"Well, you looked awfully suspicious," stated Enji. The man shrugged, a slight grin forming on his face. 

"Hey, you'd be right. I do look a bit shady, don't I?" 

He suddenly reached into his pocket, pulling out a picture of someone. The man gave the slip of paper to Endeavor, waiting patiently for his reaction. 

Enji's eyes widened at the sight of his former wife, Rei Todoroki. After Shoto had visited her enough times, she finally gained the courage to divorce him when Rei left the mental hospital she was placed in for fifteen years. She was forced there after she spilled boiling water on her son Shoto's eye, because his fiery side reminded her of Endeavor. 

"That hag," growled Enji, frowning at the picture. "Where did you get this?" The man grinned even wider, and began to laugh. 

"Where did I get a picture of my mother? Well, I usually carry a spare, but-" 

"WHAT DID YOU SAY!?" boomed Endeavor, slamming the man to the wall. "She is NOT your mother, and you are NOT my son!" 

"I never said you were my father, Enji. My dad was a caring, independent man that always looked out for me. You tortured my mother until she finally gained the strength to stand up for herself. The last thing I would ever want is to be related to a man like you."