The Lone Survivor

11 YEARS AGO

Three men stood in a central villain meeting spot, expecting to see another villain enter the place at any minute. The leader of the three had brought his son, who was fifteen. 

The son had scraggly brown hair and was fairly well built. He had bright orange eyes and a medium sized insectoid mask that covered most of his face. 

Another man walked in like the group had expected, as the villain had contacted them days earlier. This villain was in his early thirties, and wore a green buttoned shirt and a fancy pair of blue pants. 

"Are you all the Skullcrushers?" asked the villain, grinning at the four. The leader stepped away from the safety of the group, flashing his golden teeth at the man. 

"Hell yeah we are. What do you want from us?" 

The villain pulled out a picture from his pocket and handed it to the lead, while never letting go of the sinister grin that looked very natural on his face. 

"Who is this?" he asked, glancing at the picture briefly. The image was of an average sized boy with medium length black hair and two orange streaks on both sides. He had a typical school uniform on and wide crimson eyes. 

"His name is Jikshour Phoenix, and I need you to assassinate him," explained the man, while watching all of the villains' expressions change from smirks to horrified open mouths. 

"We don't deal with kids, man. Why the hell would you wanna kill someone that young?" asked one of the subordinates, with a concerned expression. 

"I thought you would protest," continued the villain, grabbing a briefcase that he had placed on a nearby table. He unlocked it slowly, making sure he had the full attention of every villain in the room. Inside the briefcase was $500,000. "You get this when you kill the target." 

The leader didn't even ask any of his men what the group decision was at that point. He immediately shook the villain's hand, knowing that he and his son desperately needed money to simply get by in the brutal world. They had been surviving on scraps for over ten years, and were still around because of one reason alone, their quirks. 

"What is your name so we can contact you?" asked the lead, after looking back to see his son's reaction. He had his head lowered, and his hands were in his pockets. The leader hated seeing his son miserable, but he couldn't cheer him up without something to live off of. 

"I am Maelstrom. And you won't actually need to contact me ever again. These are the coordinates and where you need to be at what time. You can't manage to fail this mission," finished Ben, handing the group a paper with all of the information. 

The lead smiled, even though the mission was morally wrong. This would be the easiest mission of their lives. 

5 HOURS LATER

All four of the group members arrived on time to the site, and all had knives in their belts. The lead stood in front of the others, ready for their target to stroll by in six minutes.