Endless Memories

The group returned to their apartment complex later that day, after failing to catch the mysterious man in the black overalls and find the location of the Villain Federation's hideout. 

The Yaoyorozu agency contacted Bakugo shortly after their mishap, with Momo herself being the one to finalize a plan for the heroes. They would leave sensors around the apartment building, and if any villains were to cross the perimeter, the sensors would alert heroes hidden around the area. The sensors were capable of immediately receiving full anatomical and facial scans of the villains, and would then send the information to a central scanner, which would then send the findings to waiting heroes. 

Unfortunately, the information had its limits, so someone would have to stay behind at the apartment near the central scanner to send the confirmation of villains to other heroes waiting to strike. Momo also recommended for two of the four heroes to definitely keep investigating near the central plaza. 

"Who should stay behind to wait for an alert?" asked Aeon, after he had read the message. Bakugo wanted to continue investigating, and he knew that Aeon would probably be the best partner for him. He also knew that Aeon might be the most powerful hero out of the four and would be useful if villains were to actually come. 

He then glanced over at Mina who seemingly didn't want to investigate either. He didn't really blame her, considering Ashido's villainous background. That made him realize that this was the perfect opportunity. 

"Ashido, Aeon, you two should stay behind. Tokoyami and I will continue the investigation," suggested Bakugo, which was fine with the non-hero as well. "It only makes sense considering your strength and Ashido's history. 

"Couldn't have said it better," agreed Tokoyami, joining Bakugo near the doorway. "If you two agree, then I believe we'll be on our way." 

Aeon also realized what Bakugo wanted, and slyly grinned at him. Bakugo nodded while hiding his satisfaction, before leaving Mina and Aeon alone. 

"So, now we wait," said Aeon, staring at the identification device in his hand. He glanced back at Mina who was silent while staring out one of the windows. "Look, if you want to talk about our encounter with Compress, then-" 

"I just want things to be like they used to be," sighed Mina, interrupting Aeon's statement. "Eight years ago, I don't think you understood back then, but...I was having the time of my life. You meant everything to me." 

Aeon didn't think she would react that way, and suddenly started to recall some of the experiences they had together during their time at U.A. Aeon used to take Mina to the cafe near his house every weekend, and they would always try something different from the constantly expanding menu. Sitting at that one table and talking about random things was more important to him than Mina knew. 

"You're saying that like it didn't apply to me," replied Aeon, remembering the precious moment at the hotel eight years ago. That one minute in the rain where he felt completely alone and hopelessly scared, was only a mere taste of what Mina had felt for almost two months. 

Then it started to rain outside. 

In the span of twenty seconds, the rain started to sprinkle, then drizzle, and then pour down onto the windows. Mina and Aeon turned to the window when they heard the familiar sound, and then looked back at each other with slight smiles on their faces. 

"Tsu always loved the rain," commented Mina, still hoping that she could possibly be revived by Shexor. The one time that Ashido went to see Tsuyu, she cried at her hospital bed for an eternity, even though Asui wasn't even at her worst state. That was the reason why Aeon politely convinced Mina to never visit her in the hospital again. "I wish that I could have seen her one last time."