The Villain Federation

Aeon picked up Mina's shoe, tossing it aside. He feared the worst, but didn't want to assume anything. She could've run away, but it was very unlikely. Bakugo had been blasted with the maximum power of Dabi's flames, which melted the metal handcuffs.

"Did you see her?" asked Bakugo, wiping dirt off his arms and legs. His burns were noticeable and painful, but he could still move with minimal effort. Aeon shook his head, but still looked around anyway. Tokoyami approached Bakugo, after taming dark shadow and sealing him up.

"Are you both alright?" he asked, completely unscathed. Dark Shadow had defeated Dabi, Shinso, and Shoto Todoroki, the number 4 hero in seconds.

"Yeah, but what was wrong with Icy Hot?" He's a hero, not a villain," questioned Bakugo, still referring to Todoroki by his U.A nickname.

"I think that purple haired man was controlling him," guessed Aeon. Tokoyami nodded in agreement, having worked with Shinso for a few months.

"Yes, that was his quirk at work. He can control anyone if they respond to something he says. I didn't know he could make people do things that complex though, that's definitely new."

Aeon noticed Tokoyami was wearing a pair of grey sweats and a loose unbuttoned white shirt that completely exposed his chest.

"Do you live nearby?" asked Aeon.

"Yes, I live in a cabin a few minutes away. When I heard the commotion I thought there was a small fight going on, but I didn't expect to see either of you. It's been so long," explained Tokoyami.

"What happened, Tokoyami?" asked Bakugo, making the non-hero sigh. He knew this would be asked and he still wasn't prepared to answer.

"I'm the only one that isn't a hero, aren't I?"

Aeon and Bakugo ignored him, waiting for an actual answer. He complied, and told them how he had gotten to his current state.

He explained how he had went to the hospital to see Tsuyu and witnessed her death. He then left the building and went straight to the bridge near his house.

He stood on the edge for a long while, but he couldn't go after Asui yet. Tokoyami promised himself that he would be a hero and couldn't break that vow yet. He barely made it through his 3rd year of U.A, close to dropping out several times. Right after the last semester ended, he left his family home and bought his cabin with the savings he had left.

"That's what happened," he finished, leaving Aeon and Bakugo in shock. The reason Tokoyami had abandoned his hero dream was because of that one experience.

"I'm so sorry Tokoyami, I couldn't have imagined-"

"Don't apologize. Just forget I told you anything," interrupted Tokoyami. If it was up to him, he wouldn't ever have to explain his choices again. He still wanted to be a hero, but he just couldn't be stable enough to succeed.

"You still have a chance to become a hero, Tokoyami. Just because you made some bad choices doesn't mean you can't prove yourself later on," countered Aeon.

"That's enough, Aeon," ordered Tokoyami. He immediately regretted his harshness, as he still really was glad to see him. "Look, I apologize for snapping at you, but I will make my own decisions. You're one of my best friends, and I don't want to offend you."

"Aeon, we have to go back to the car. If there are any new updates about the villains, we should be checking right away," demanded Bakugo. He ran past Aeon and Tokoyami, cutting through the trees hurriedly.

Aeon raced after him as well, leaving Tokoyami behind. He assumed that the non-hero would follow, but he didn't. He watched them leave, and pulled out a small device out of his pocket.