ct-2 Katherine

So much was happening that Katherine could barely understand. Who would want to kill her? Why? What In the dead gods are elves doing...existing?! And who is this man laying in a guest house in the castle, skilled enough to defeat four elves? She had gone to the town today as she did every once in a while, for she didn't have much to do. 

She had gone with joy in her heart and instead came across elves trying to kill her, or maybe they weren't. If they wanted her dead then the first arrow shot could have been in her chest and not the chest of her guard. She certainly did not see this coming. According to ancient books, Elves were considered extinct after the Armageddon, a war believed to be so old it was now considered a myth.

The war against creatures man refused to live with. At every turn man was fighting with either a fae, or an elf, or a troll or other more dangerous things. So they split the land. The unnatural creatures took the three kingdoms now known as Baros, Mohja and Embberdale which were across the sea from the lands man chose. Arocelli, Guresque and Belvedere.

Soon man and beast began crossing the boundaries and the killing started again. Only this time it triggered several wars on sea, raids on land and the death toll was far too high. Man had the worst of it, the creatures were far too powerful, too great and too magical, a word that seemed hilarious to her till now.   

Soon man knew the war was lost for them until Abadan, a man considered to be Armageddon's hero, found that pure iron was a weakness against their strength...then the war truly turned on its head. It was a massacre for the creatures until they were pushed out of all six kingdoms into a place uninhabited till this day. A place where no one came back from. Well until now.

The last elf was captured and brought to the castle for questioning. Katherine did not consent to the guards means of questioning but it was out of her hands when it came to the security of the princess. They had to know all they could.

The elf was thrown into the dungeons while the mystery fighter who saved her life and the life of  six of the remainder of her escort guards was put in a guest house in the castle. Katherine saw to it that he was attended to by the best healer.

While he was being cared for she went to see her sister who had run out of the castle earlier crying and craving to hug her and kiss her cheeks. Katherine had assured her sister she was well. They couldn't deal with more loss...they couldn't.

Soon after, with two guards trailing her and a guard ahead, she reached the throne room where her sister was on her glass throne on the dais. She was addressing her five advisors, no doubt it would concern the matter that occurred earlier today.

She walked past them and acknowledged them with a nod, in turn they bowed to her but not deeply. That was meant for the queen. She then bowed deeply to the Queen, Esther.

"Your majesty." she said, then winked at her. Esther giggled and it was a beautiful thing.

Esther had moon white hair like Katherine, and her skin was a slight bronze. No one could say the queen wasn't a beauty. The Arocelli women often were.

"Come on up Kat." Esther said. Katherine climbed the dais and sat on the glass seat her sister had had made for Katherine alone.

"We're glad you fare well lady princess." Banner said. He was the one who mostly spoke on behalf of the advisors, but he was also the most cunning and untrustworthy.

Nonetheless he was still the queens leading advisor because of his brilliance and pragmatism in solving difficult situations in the kingdom.

"Thank you lord Banner." she said.