ct-10 The voice

A week had passed in the small village of mystical creatures. Garett and his companions had been granted a short stay by the Chief much to the disapproval of what seemed to be his council.

"Humans are the real beasts Chief." Gruff had said at their first meeting.

"If they stay, then danger is imminent." the goblin added.

"They're the only ones with information on the real imminent threat." The beautiful elf said

"We have the information we need already." The troll said.

"They may be our only hope of finding the one destined for the orb. Do I need to remind you that our village is in their path? We will be their appetizer before the main course." the elf said

"Amish is right." The Chief said, and that discussion ended.

Cen had recovered and was lodged in a cabin with Sharaya. Roudog and Garett unfortunately had to stay together in the same cabin.

They still got murderous looks from every creature they passed. Werewolves growled their warning when they got too close.

They occasionally had meetings during the week trying to come up with a solution for the impending danger.

The goblin, whom Garett had found out was named Adium, kept proposing they move to an island and glamour it. All the while the farie said nothing, she just paid attention with her tiny eyes.

"We don't know if they can see through glamour." Amish said.

"So when they're done with the six kingdoms they'll come straight for us. Don't forget they can smell prey." A werewolf called Xander said.

"We don't know if they can swim." the goblin retorted.

"I don't think we want to find out." Gruff said.

And so the argument continued over the week. Garett and Roudog were silent through the meetings. Most times, they would only be asked the best locations to begin searching for the destined one, in which case they would guess out kingdoms in order to feel important to the conversations. Sharaya would occasionally join them.

In the meeting today, they were arguing on the same things, when Garett heard a voice in his head.
You waste time mortal.

That was definitely not Ava. The voice had age and power in it. Garett looked around the room. He checked his mental wall and found that it was in place and impenetrable.

"Are you all right Garett?" The Chief asked when he noticed Garett looking around the room.

"Umm...yes. Chief." Garett said, realizing he may have unconsciously started speaking to himself with the mysts accent.

By the time the meeting was over, the sky was dark. A fire was lit in the center of the village and there were several creatures around it including Duff the troll. Garett and Roudog had found Cen and Sharaya eating beef stew at a corner with their own small fire.

It triggered Garett to do something stupid. He started towards the Duff and his friends.

"What are you doing?" Roudog asked

"Gimme a sec." Garett replied then trudged off with the staff in his hand. He hardly went anywhere without the staff lately.

The two werewolves in the group growled at him while the only fae there thrummed with violent energy that Garett could feel.

The two elves stared murderously at him. Kai had begun to understand that while the fae's had several powers like power to control wind, fire, even shape-shift and many others, the elves were the most agile creatures in existence.