ct-22 Whats the plan?

It was night. Kai sat on a wooden chair while Amish sat on the bed in Levi's former room. In front of them was an unconscious Viktor tied to another wooden chair.

"I had splendid ideas for making him talk." Amish said glumly. "Too bad Garett wants to just sap the information out of him."

"Yeah. What a bore." Kai said, glaring at his brother.

He remembered how his brother trained him. Viktor had been fifteen when he began training a ten year old Kai. When Kai failed to perfect a move, Viktor would often toss him to the cadre for lashing.

He still had scars on his back.

Right now looking at Viktor's unconscious form and broken wrists, he remembered Mara, lifeless and bloody on his bed. He was having very good ideas on how to make his brother pay for not just Mara but Keita too.

"Kai." Amish called. Kai looked to her. "Your eyes." she said.

Kai unsheathed heros And viewed his eyes on the blade. His eyes were glowing blue. They had reverted to its normal grey earlier but now they were glowing again.

"You have to get yourself under control. Save it for the evil." Amish said. Kai calmed his thoughts, making his eyes revert to its normal grey.

"Yeah." Kai said. "I think he'll still be out for a while. Are you staying here?" Kai asked.

"Yes." Amish said.

Kai left the room. He needed a little air. Abel and Esther were still attending to Katherine's wound. He stepped out of the house to find Garett. He was sitting on the stair staring out at the forest.

Kai sat beside him.

"She knows we're here." Garett said. "She'll send more."

"So what's the plan?" Kai asked

"The evil is our priority. I predict the barrier will hold for no more than a month or three weeks. If we're too late, all the ye juai's will die, and then mankind." Garett said.

Kai waited for him to continue. Garett spoke again.

"I also fear Babayega is planning something we aren't aware of. We need to collect information from Viktor. Then we'll know the plan." Garett said.

Kai nodded.

"So how does it feel. Having all that power in you?" Garett asked.

Kai stared at the dying grass being illuminated by moonlight.

"It's overwhelming." Kai said.

He could feel the ye juai energy pulsing in his veins.

"I can still feel...everything." Kai said again.

He could feel the movements of the grass as it hearkened to the swift gentle pressure of the night air. He could feel the movements in the house. Every step that was taken, he knew.

"You'll learn to control it all...with time." Garett said. He looked distant.

"What about you? You have eons of knowledge and you have power. You don't seem like you lose control." Kai said

"That's cause I don't have control. The mysts give me the knowledge I need. The power I have from them is only a fraction." Garett said.

"Hmm. So are you going to tell me what's wrong with your body or do I have to find out myself." Kai said.

Garett looked to him then. He didn't look surprised.

"All in due time Malakai." Garett said.

They sat in silence for a while.