ct-11 Uncle Jerome

"Who's Mara?" Katherine asked.

She had heard Kai calling the name softly in his sleep. Then his breaths had started getting harder and she was so scared for him that she woke him up.

His light gray eyes held hers before he looked elsewhere.

"She's no one." He said, his voice holding more emotion than he thought he hid. She was going to keep pressing when his gaze turned back to her, his beautiful features and dread locks illuminated by the sunlight.

That's when she was conscious of herself. First she realized her arm was propped on his chest. Then she realized her face was too close to his. Then she looked at her body.

She was wearing a large shirt that could have come from no one but him. Nothing underneath but her underthings. Unbelievable, she thought to herself.

Then she turned back to him. His eyes moved to her lips for a moment. It took conscious effort to not look at his. She got off of him gently.

Then she sat up on the bed and began to make her hair into a rough bun.

"How Bad was I yesterday?" She asked Kai who was already up on his feet. His muscular frame appealing to her eyes. Snap out of it Kat, she said to herself.

"Nothing I couldn't handle lady princess." Kai said.

"I might not remember a lot cause I was drunk yesterday." Katherine said, while getting off the bed and to her feet. "But I do remember asking you to call me Katherine when it's just us."

"Sorry Katherine." Kai said with a smile that met his eyes. He was standing on the other side of the bed.

She settled on the bed once again, sitting this time and rubbing her forehead.

"I messed up yesterday Kai." She said.

It was silent for a while before she heard Kai approach her then settle beside her.

"It's not wrong to want to feel loose sometimes Katherine. It's alright." he said.

She looked at him again. Not helping Kai, she thought then turned her gaze away from him cause his understanding made him all the more handsome. He had always been handsome, why did it feel so weird to her now?

"No one can see me leave your house." she said "it would cause unnecessary rumors."

Just then there was a knock on the door.

"I've got an idea." Kai said.

A few minutes later, Kai came back with a black hoody. She had already put on one of Kai's less bigger leather pants.

"I made up an excuse for Estella to get me this." Kai said. This should take you as far as the guards at your door.

"I can handle them." Katherine said.

He went behind her and helped her put the hoody on, then he stepped back.

"I better get going." She said

"Of course." he said. Then he led her to the foyer and then out the door. "I'll see you in an hour princess." he said.

She made to leave, then turned back.

"Thank you Kai, for helping me through yesterday." she said "and last night most especially." she added

His reply was a warm smile she did not know he could muster till now. She turned on her heels and left.

She soon arrived at her house and got past the guards with a simple wink. It wasn't the first time she didn't return home.

She took a warm bath while Julia massaged her scalp. And after that, brushed her hair. She liked Julia, and she trusted her. Julia was about two years older than Katherine, but she had the mind of a grandmother.