ct-30 WAR! pt-2

Esther followed a goblin creature towards the ye juai village, the sound of war raging behind her.

She should have been awe struck by the creature in front of her, a creature she only had knowledge of through books and words.

But instead she was trying as much as possible not to  lose her calm and run. Because she wanted to see her sister. She wanted to know her only family was safe.

All through her journey she worried for Katherine. Not knowing if she was okay was a slow torture.

The female goblin stopped walking and looked up at Esther with big eerie eyes, her skin akin to a green color so light it might have not been noticed.

Then she waved for her to crouch. Esther crouched beside the goblin as the creature put a hand to her head.

Where there was previously nothing before her but an expanse of land with trees dusted by snow, there was suddenly a village phasing into sight.

Glamour. Incredible.

It was silent and looked empty but for two of what seemed to be fae's, — noticing by the fact that elves were visibly marked by blue hair — holding spears and looking very aware of their surrounding.

Esther moved through the village, unquestioned by the two fae's who must obviously be guards.

Then Katherine stepped out of a cabin, with a younger girl beside her.

Esther didn't realize she hadn't been breathing well till she saw Katherine. She was fine. she was okay.

Katherine turned and met her eyes, a tear escaping her.

Calm be damned. Esther ran to Katherine and pulled her into an embrace.

"Esther you're okay." Katherine whispered through tears. "I thought I was never going to see you again." She said, clutching onto Esther like she would disappear the moment she let go.

"I'm okay." Esther said, relishing the moment. "And I'm so happy you are too."

Katherine was the most important person in her life. To lose her would be unbearable and something she wouldn't consider even though it seemed most likely in this war.

Their mother might have left but Esther made sure to fill that space in Katherine's heart with as much maternity as she could remember their mother exhibiting.

They pulled out of the hug but didn't let go of themselves. It was like that always happened when they met after a while.

Katherine was leaner. She looked so exhausted and her white hair was begging for a wash.

"Katherine what have you been doing? You look so...tired." Esther said, palming Katherine's face and pushing her hair back in worry.

"Yeah well it turns out taking care of ye juai children is a lot harder than it seems. Plus this isn't exactly the time to care about looks." Katherine said.

A mature and reasonable statement. The past few months have made her sister age a bit more. Esther smiled and kissed Katherine's temple.

"How are you here anyways? You can't be here so soon. Did you come with the army?"

Esther huffed a laugh.

"Yes we came with the army. It was no easy task convincing the generals but..." Esthers face drooped,  thinking about how they got here.

"But what?" Katherine asked obviously noticing the sudden change in Esthers tone.

"But he has a way of convincing the hardest of people." Esther said. Katherine's face showed understanding.