ct-27 No semblance of normal

Amish's eyelids fluttered, her surroundings beginning to take shape. She slowly began to recognize where she was.

Yes. It was her room. In her cabin. How long had she been unconscious? It looked to be around mid-day.
She sat upright and rubbed her temple, trying to soothe her slight headache.

She looked at her skin. It was a little pink. Damn Serebutai Serpent could have killed her back in the forest.

Xander walked into her room.

"Lady Amish." he said with a charming smile. The male Alpha werewolf's long dark hair, deep brown eyes, and sturdy build would get him any female. But he had no mate still.

"I'm glad you're well." He said, coming to kneel beside her.

"As I am for you too." Amish said. "How long have I been unconscious?"

"Since you were brought in last night." Xander said.

That was a relief. Elves weren't fae's. Fae's healed far faster than they did. If another elf was in the position she was in yesterday, the elf wouldn't have survived.

"You're still unbelievably beautiful even when you should look rough." Xander said.

He put his palm on her face, gently pushing back her hair. His brown eyes staring into her blue ones.

Then he moved in to claim her lips, but she turned her face away.

He drew back, looking shocked.

"Is everything...okay?"

They had several flings in the past, drowning each other's ennui in pleasure. Xander always wanted to be around her. He was probably everything a female wanted, which earned her disrespectful glares from every unmated female wolf.

But something felt off...missing. It wasn't a deep relationship. It was based on beauty alone.

How much more miserable could I get.

Abel had really gotten in her head.

Abel, she realized. He had carried her all the way to the village.

"Abel." She said almost to herself.

Xander frowned.

"You mean the Mala's male friend?" He asked. Amish nodded. Xander's mouth curved in distaste.

"The insignificant human wouldn't give you to anyone when he came to the village. I would have beaten him to a pulp had it not been for the chief, Ava and the growling Malakai." Xander said, gritting his teeth.

He wouldn't give me to anyone.

"Even now the fool sits in your living room. He refused to leave." Xander said, then huffed a laugh. "He acts like you're..." Xander looked at her, his eyes looking like he understood something. "...his."

"I belong to no one." Amish said.

Then Abel walked in. His dark eyes met hers. He looked tired, as though he hadn't had any sleep. He stood at the threshold of the room.

"Who gave you permission to step in here human?" Xander asked with a growl as he stood up angrily.

"I thought I'd check on you." Abel said with a smile. His smile so endearing that she let herself smile the slightest bit at him.

"Leave at once." Xander said, taking a few steps towards Abel to close the distance between them.

Amish was already there. She stood between two of them.