ct-20 Levi

"There's someone here now." Garett said.

Kai gave Amish to Abel then unsheathed his sword in preparation to end anyone that needed ending.

"Only one?" Kai asked Garett

"Only one." Garett replied.

"Wait here." Kai said to everyone as he walked towards the house.

Snow dusted the tall grass that was now dying due to the winter. Strange that it even had its green color till now. The forest was eerily quiet and the wind blew cold air.

Kai climbed the three steps that led to the door. Then he pushed the door gently. It was unlocked. He stepped into the house.

Be careful Kai. Something isn't right with this intruder's mind. Garett mentally warned Kai.

The house was dark and cold. There was a staircase that led to another floor above. There was a fireplace. A dining area. There was a large painting of a family who he immediately recognized to be the royal family, years ago.

The floor was dusty and an unlit chandelier hung above.

Kai heard movement beside the fire place. He could barely see.

"It's either you come to me...or I come to you." Kai said.

Nothing. Fine then.

Kai began walking towards the fire place.

"Hello." Someone behind him said. Startled, Kai swung his sword around but forced to a stop when he saw it was an unarmed young man, looking to be a year or two older than he was.

Kai couldn't see the man's features well but he noticed the man had red hair. The man didn't even flinch at the sight of Kai's sword heading straight for him.

He just stood there smiling like a freak.

"Quite a sword you got there." The man said.

"This is royal property. What are you doing here?" Kai asked.

"Oh i'm sorry. I truly thought this place was abandoned. I've been here for a while now. I was hunting and I —" The man turned back to see Garett and the others come through the door.

His eyes widened when he noticed Katherine and the Queen.

"Lady Queen, lady Princess." He said, bowing deeply. "Forgive me. I had no idea this place was still in use."

"Who are you?" Esther asked.

"My name is Levi. I'm a hunter here in Belvedere. I stumbled upon this place on one of my hunts and assumed it was abandoned. So I decided to use it as a shelter when it got too cold outside. I had no idea the Arocelli royal family still used it. Forgive me." Levi said, bowing once again.

Esther looked to Kai. Kai shook his head in disapproval of whatever she had in mind but she disregarded him.

"It's alright Levi." Esther said.

"Thank you lady Queen." Levi said. "The least I can do is help you start a fire."

"We'll manage. You should get going." Kai said.

"I think it's fine if he helps us." Katherine retorted.

"Katherine —" Kai was cut off.

"This place could use some work. We'll need all the help we can get." Katherine said then walked off.

"I'll get some wood." Levi said, then left the house. All the while Garett stood there silent, Abel the same by his side with Amish over his shoulder.