ct-12 Mala ball

After Garett told the chief he knew where the one destined was, he gathered the other representatives of the creatures and soon they were all in the meeting cabin. Cen, Sharaya and Roudog included.

"What is the purpose of this gathering if it will be purposeless Chief." Gruff said with his arms folded. His face had thick skin like the rest of his body. His ears were shorter than most and larger too.

"It would appear the human has discovered something." The Chief said. Then he nodded his approval at Garett.

"I think - I think the mysts are in me, the alumnai's I mean." he said. "Not in me specifically but in the staff. I think they tethered themselves to the staff and then use my emotional connection with it as a link to my mind."

Garett couldn't believe it himself. He'd suddenly woken up with more knowledge than he knew he had. One of the information attached to this knowledge was what he just told them.

"This ball." he said, bringing out the blue ball from his jacket. He'd carried it while everyone was gathering. "Is called a mala." Garett said, relaying the information he could feel in his mind.

"It kind of means..." Garett struggled to grasp a piece of knowledge then got it "one born of?" He said, questioning that piece of information.

"Either way, it's like the mysts connected me to the person destined for it. Somehow they found him and they're not sharing that knowledge with me. I can feel him. It's like a tug to the south. Across the sea." Garett said.

Everyone looked at him as if he had run mad. The chief and Ava, the goblin Adium, the elf Amish, the werewolf Xander, the pixie with her little eyes looked at him as though he was mad too.

Even his companions looked at him the same way. Roudog looking like he had more of an annoyed look on his face, perhaps thinking Garett had just embarrassed them. Even Cen seemed confused and Sharaya looked sympathetic.

Only the Troll Gruff looked at him with anger.

"The human thinks this is a joke. That the most ancient, most god like creatures in existence are talking to him in his mind." Gruff said.

Then he reached for his battle axe.

"Gruff." The Chief said in warning.

"We must scourge those who would disrespect us from the face of the earth, starting with this one." he said raising his axe.

Garett could feel the chief's power rising to defend him. He could feel everything.

And suddenly it was as though everything was in slow motion. He saw them move so slowly it was as though they weren't even moving.

"What's going on?" Garett asked but wasn't certain. He could suddenly feel the mysts in his mind, trying to take control of it.

You are in the alumnai realm, their minds and movements are too slow here. Give us your mind mortal.

No!

You cannot stop us if we chose to take it by force. Why do you resist?

Because there are boundaries! You don't just get to take control of my body and mind!  It's not right!

This is for the greater good. To warrant future peace instead of the havoc that the evil will bring.

If you want peace then start with me! Havoc doesn't come from only an evil source. It could come from even those who want to do good. So stop causing havoc by trying to steal my mind!

It was silent for a moment. Everything was still slow.

Very well mortal. There is another way.