ct-16 Too smooth

Katherine stirred awake. Her head was against a firm warm chest. She breathed in the scent of kai and felt a little flutter in her stomach. She looked up to his face to see him staring at her.

His firm jaw, cute locks, grey eyes, thin lips. She wanted to kiss all that.

"You're weird." she said, with a smile. He's weird?

"Hey sky." he said with a charming smile. She didn't think her smile could go wider but it did. She loved that name. She reached up and gave him a quick kissed him on the lips.

"How are you so fit?" She asked. His body was honed. Like a lethal weapon. So dangerous and so alluring.

"I train a lot." He replied. She snuggled against him again. She didn't want to ever leave this position.

But as princess, she had to attend to things the Queen couldn't. Like paperwork's and representing the Queen in ceremonies outside the castle.

"I could stay like this forever." she said

"I know." kai said.

After a while of cuddling, Kai left to his house. She had a warm relaxing bath and her hair was attended to by a smiling Julia.

They were in front of the large glass mirror in Katherine's room.

"Quit smiling so much Julia." Katherine said.

"Oh I can't help it lady princess." Julia said, brushing Katherine's hair tersely. "I've never seen you this smitten by a man before."

"Neither have I." Katherine said softly, more to herself than Julia.

Kai arrived a while later, looking all male and badass with heros as usual. Except his grim face wasn't so grim when it landed on her. It was soft, the slightest bit affectionate.

She'd take it. Because when they left her house and walked around the castle, his face had its usual grim look when his gaze landed on anyone but her.

First they attended a meeting with the Queen, her advisors and captain Mateo. They spoke of the oncoming summit next week and the security protocols that were to be taken.

In the end, it had been agreed that captain Mateo would escort the Queen with twenty percent of the Queens guard to the island. Nesta would of course follow.

"You look well sister." Esther said when the meeting was over. They were walking through a private hall in the castle, Kai and Nesta trailing way behind. Paintings of former Kings were hung on the wall. Their white haired wives occasionally showing in a family portrait.

"I am well." Katherine replied.

"I take it you and the guardian talked things out." Esther said. Katherine looked sideways at her sister with a smile. Esthers eyes widened.

"You did more than talk things out didn't you?" Esther said with a mocking smile.

"We didn't do it, but we were pretty close." Katherine said. Esther looked curiously at her.

"He wants me to be sure it's what I want." Katherine said.

"An admirable man." Esther said.

Yes he is, Katherine thought.

After much paperwork at Katherine's house, it was past seven. Kai had helped the best he could, occasionally organizing the papers to make it easier for her.

Building permits, school fundings requests and many others. Katherine did as much as she could to relieve her sisters physical burden.

Kai soon stood to leave, making her heart drop a little. It was like she always wanted him nearby. His presence felt so assuring and calm around her. He always listened, he was a good listener.