ct-17 The end of the beginning

Kai jerked awake. It was three am. There were screams coming from everywhere. He quickly put on a shirt and grabbed heros.

Then there was an impatient knock on his door. Kai walked slowly to the door. The handle was being jerked now.

"Guardian." Kai heard a voice call in a whisper shout.
"Guardian it's Keita."

Kai rushed to the door and unlocked it, opening to reveal a Keita that looked as though he just got out of bed. His hair was messy and he was in what looked like pajamas, sword in hand. He was panting.

"What's going on Keita?" Kai asked calmly.

"Men in black wears, they're attacking the castle." Keita said.

Kai raced out of the castle. The first person in mind was Katherine. Keita ran beside him. The maids were screaming as the guards fought against the black clothed men. Swords clanged loudly.

The men in black kept pouring in. This was a surprise attack. Even the guards on duty couldn't have seen this coming. The guards were being slaughtered but the castle staff were being backed into a corner.

Something else was in play, something Kai couldn't figure out. Why did these attires seem so familiar.

Four men in black suddenly appeared in front of Kai and Keita. Kai looked to Keita.

"You good?" He asked. For the first time, Keita smirked confidently as he looked to the attackers.

"Yeah I'm good." Keita said.

The four men attacked. Two moving for Kai and the other two for Keita. Kai was in no mood to play around. He finished the two off in three slashes. Heros was heavy to anyone but him, he could be as fast with it as he could with a knife.

Kai turned back to see Keita facing off with the other two attackers. He would have gone to help but Keita was handling things well.

Keita jammed the hilt of his sword into one of the men's face then drove the blade into the neck of the other. Then he slashed the neck of the hilt jammed man.

"Impressive." Kai said as Keita smirked. He took off, heading for Katherine's house. He couldn't help anyone here now. The princess was his number one priority.

Kai reach the princess' door. The guards who were  usually there lay on the floor bloody...dead. Kai's heart banging almost through his chest, he bursted through the door in one kick. He walked through the foyer, Keita trailing behind.

He wasn't prepared for who he saw. Katherine sat at the foot of the living room sofa with a sword to her throat. Her mouth was tied, her hands and legs bound.

Perched atop the sofa was a bare headed man, bushy brows, fine features and a muscular build. Legs crossed and as calm as calm could be.

"I was wondering when you would get here." The man said.

"Let her go." Kai said with as calm a voice as he could manage.

"Nice to see you too...little brother." Viktor said. His accent had a draw to it, as did all Mojhans. But Kai had slowly gotten rid of the accent.

So Viktor had found him after all. And now he had Katherine at a swords edge. Kai was calculating every possible escape, as Katherine's eyes widened in shock. He could see the hurt and confusion in her terrified eyes.

"Let her go." Kai said again.

"What's the rush? I let her go and we start fighting. Let's just talk, I mean, don't you want to know what's happening? If I wanted only you, why would I have the Princess of Arocelli at a swords edge?" Viktor said.