ct-21 The Attack

A beast that was once Levi stood on a rubble that used to be the wall that separated the kitchen and living room. He was twice Kai's size. Long claws, sharp canines, drooping ears.

It looked like one of the creatures the ancient book spoke of during Kai and Katherine's research. Creatures Garett claimed Babayega accidentally created and trapped in a forest.

The beast roared. Katherine and Garett took a few steps back. Kai was glad he always kept heros close. He picked up his large sword, ran and used the sofa for a boost as he leaped high and brought his sword down on the beast.

It blocked his attack with his claws but the impact made it concede a few step backwards.

"Get back!" Kai said as the beast lunged for him again. He blocked its attack but it had more strength. The impact pushed him to the floor. Before he could recover, the beast was already in the air preparing to slash with its claws.

Kai couldn't get to heros quick enough. He instead prepared himself for the deep gash. But then a knife flew straight into the beasts side. It shrieked in pain as it dropped to the ground.

He turned to see Amish standing at the dining area with three more knives.

"I wasn't going to let you have all the fun." she said with a grin.

"You think this is fun?!" Abel retorted.

The beast was already on its large clawed feet again, but so was Kai. It looked at Kai, then his gaze went behind Kai to Katherine and the others. It leaped so high above Kai that there was no way heros would reach him.

Then it was dropping to Katherine. Garett was already there. His staff connected with the beasts face driving it back in the air. Next thing Kai knew, two knives from Amish flew into the beasts chest while in the air.

The beast landed on Kai's blade. Then he picked it up with all its strength and slammed it to the ground.

Kai stood over the beast.

"I never liked you." Kai said. Then decapitated the beast.

Everyone stood silent. Then Abel spoke.

"We've been conversing, swimming and dining with a beast. Perfect." Abel said.

"I thought you said Babayega trapped anything magical in the forest between Mohja and the other side?" Kai asked.

"Something tells me she changed her mind about that." Garett said as Katherine stepped forward to look closer at the beasts decapitated body, its head above it.

Garett's features suddenly turned tense as he began looking around the house.

"What is it?" Amish asked

"I'm sensing more minds like Levi's outside the house." Garett said.

Every face became grim. Garett squinted his eyes as his forehead wrinkled. He must be talking with the mysts.

"Kai." Garett called. "The cadre is here too."

Everything stopped for Kai. One name was repeated in his mind. Mara. Katherine looked at him then, her blue eyes for once, since the castle, not showing judgement but worry.

"How did they find us?" Katherine asked Garett.

"The mysts believe Babayega is psychically linked to her magical abominations." Garett said.

"But how did they get here so fast?" Esther asked

"Maybe the mysts aren't the only ones with warping abilities." Garett said. "We can't face them all. We'll lose."