Chapter 21

**HARRY'S POV**

Stephanie had slipped away from me at the start of the evening. I could tell she was nervous and she found a sense of security with the other girls. I had finished saying hello to everyone I was told too, so I went off to find her. 

She was standing alone by the drink table. She was observing the room quietly when I came up to her. I gave her a peck on the lips and caught her by surprise. "Hey love," I said grabbing her glass and putting it on the table. "Hello, care to explain why you took my drink?" She smirked at me. "Because you can't dance with a glass in your hands silly," I planted a swift kiss on her nose and led her onto the dance floor. 

**STEPHANIE'S POV**

Harry had brought me to the dance floor and I was having a really good time. He never left my side and continued to dance with me the whole time. 

The DJ began playing Everything has Changed by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran. Harry pulled me closer. Resting one of his hands on the small of my back and taking my hand in his. My small hand fit perfectly into his larger one.

"Thank you," I whispered in his ear. He looked down at me, "For what love?" I smiled, "For bringing me. You could have chosen anyone else. There are so many people who would be better for this, so I just wanted to say thank you." He smiled, "There is no one I'd rather be with than you," I felt my face blushing like crazy, "Oh, and one last thing," He looked at me with a questionable face, "What is it?" "Thank you for helping me. So many other people would have just walked out on me and-" He cut me off with a passionate kiss. He pulled away saying, "No need to thank me. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way." His breath tickled my neck. 

**KATHRYN'S POV**

I arrived and began searching through the sea of people on the dance floor. Everyone was very difficult to find because they were wearing masks. I looked for Stephanie and I spotted her on  the dance floor with Harry. They were just talking and they looked like they were really enjoying their night.

My eyes scanned the room. I stopped on a familiar figure walking onto the dance floor.

"Zayn," I said stopping him. He turned and his face was that of pure shock. "I'll explain later. Where is Liam?" Not saying anything he smiled and pointed towards the drink table.

Before I could formulate something better to say I felt the words, "Care to dance?"  come spilling out of my mouth. He turned and seemed confused. I knew he wouldn't recognize me but he seemed to be analyzing me. He agreed to dance with me and led me to the dance floor.

**LIAM'S POV**

The whole night was starting to be really awful. I was having fun but there was something missing. I was alone and I wanted Kathryn to be there but I knew she wasn't. I was trying to have fun so no one would get suspicious and cause drama. 

Stephanie looked like she was having fun but she also missed Kathryn. I could tell they always did things together and to do something this big without a friend must suck. 

I was getting a drink when they began to play a slow dance song. I always dreaded these as a little kid. The DJ played Everything has Changed by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran. I looked at everyone on the dance floor and spotted Stephanie and Harry. They looked really happy, he whispered something in her ear and she giggled. They swayed slowly to the music. I wish Kathryn was here so I could do the same with her. I sighed and took a sip of my drink. 

A masked figure came up to me and tapped me. She was in a maroon dress that was very ruffly at the bottom. I couldn't tell who it was because of the mask. "Care to dance?" She asked in a very familiar voice. "Why not," I answered back leading her to the dance floor.