✩ MELLOW MORNINGS ✩

FRANK IERO HONESTLY wasn't a dick.

That wasn't to say that he didn't have one per-say, because he fucking did, a nice one at that, but he usually didn't portray too much of it in his personality or everyday behaviour.

However, although Frank usually wasn't a dick, today was an exception. A justified exception, mind you.

Because that morning on his way to work, poor Frank had not only spilled cold coffee all over his departmentally issued phone -that had previously replaced his old, shittier phone that barely turned on anymore- but he had also walked in on his roommate and his roomate's girlfriend having what could only be described as something worth bleaching one's eyes over.

For a twenty eight year old, maybe having a roommate was just a bit pathetic, but him and Bob had been friends since high school and when they both moved to New York they couldn't afford separate places so naturally they moved in together. That was around six years ago, and still nothing had changed. Mostly because they didn't really have a reason to change anything, though Frank had promised himself that he would move into a nicer apartment by himself as soon as he wasn't already stressed beyond his means.

Though regarding the events of that morning, Frank wasn't a prude or anything like that, of course not. He enjoyed the occasional picture of a vagina, for scientific purposes of course, because he definitely didn't swing that way. But although he wasn't some misogynistic hetro-phobe, he really didn't need to fucking see a fanny in the early hours of the morning on his way to work.

That was just too much for Frank and his nice dick and broken phone -which on a completely unrelated note- had contained a lot of contacts Frank didn't know how he would ever get back.

But now that meant that Frank Iero was late, and in a terrible mood, which was fucking fantastic because he was meant to go to court to oversee some trial for the jewelry store B&E he had solved. Which would have been fine with Frank since the conviction was a slam-dunk, but now he was dreading it beyond belief because not only had he accidentally spilled the lukewarm coffee on his phone but on his dress shirt that he usually wore to work too. And over the years the one thing that had always been drilled into in him was that showing up to a courtroom or even the precinct with stained clothing, was more than just frowned upon.

Along with the coffee stains, Frank had also spent around fifteen minutes getting over seeing Bob's naked ass. But he was convinced that he needed those fifteen minutes for God's sake— the whole ordeal had been incredibly detrimental to his wellbeing. Detective or not, the whole fucking situation was more traumatizing than anything he had endured while working on a case, and he was including the time he found a bag of organs on the subway.

Though at the end of the day, being fifteen minutes late with coffee stains and a pissed attitude wasn't the worst thing Frank supposed, but it was definitely up there. Honestly, he had been doing too much paperwork at ungodly hours of the day to be disappointed in himself. That level of self-awareness had already left the station without Frank on it.

Frank let out a soft sigh as he rubbed his face, clutching his new cup of coffee in his other hand absently. He waited for the soft ding of the elevator, pleased when it didn't take too long for him to get to his floor.

He already knew Hurley would be disappointed in him, especially since this was probably his fourth time being late in a row, but he hoped he wouldn't get yelled a for too long. That would only make his morning that much worse, and he hadn't even had a chance to take a sip of his warm coffee cup yet.

Frank felt relief swoosh out of him once he stepped out of the elevator, groaning when he saw everyone already in the briefing room. He set his bag down by his messy desk, grunting as he walked to the door.