✩ PARALYSED ✩

WARNING: heavy mentions of suicide and gun violence

FRANK WAS SMILING so hard he felt like he was seconds away from starring in his Hollywood debut as a hysterical idiot.

He looked back down at his leg that felt naked without his cast.

Frank had to admit, although he was fucking over the moon he didn't have to keep the itchy and stiff cast around his entire leg, catching sight of the bullet mark hit him quite hard. The mark was small enough though, and somewhat ragged around the edges. There was a deep indent with almost a pinkish-white colour surrounding it.

But even so, he didn't think anything could take away from his relief and happiness that his cast was finally gone. Sure he still had to walk with the crutches for a few days but that was it.

Then he would be back to normal.

The thought by itself made Frank want to smile harder, and he had never been a fan of smiling in his entire life. Not even as a kid.

Luckily it had been after work, so he had asked Gerard if he wanted to come over. He hadn't told him about the cast-removal yet, in hopes of surprising him. And also he was worried Gerard would ask to see his bullet wound, which he wanted to avoid looking at all costs, well, he supposed he couldn't really put off looking at it while he was showering and getting changed- but he wanted to avoid Gerard seeing it at all costs.

It wasn't exactly a pretty thing to look at.

When Frank walked out of the hospital room, he spotted Bob who had been on the phone.

When Bob saw him, he smiled again.

Though honestly 'smile' wasn't the right word for it- the top row of Bob's teeth were showing, and there was a faint curve to the lips, but there was no crease below the eyes, no movement of the cheeks. On anyone else, it would be a grimace at best- but on Bob's face, Frank knew it was a sign of bliss

"How's your leg feel?" Bob asked after he hung up, Frank shrugging in response.

"Like a leg," Frank muttered, "Like a really fucking numb and weird leg."

Bob laughed, wrapping his arm around Frank's shoulder jokingly. Frank clenched his jaw, pushing Bob off of him as they walked, only making Bob laugh again.

"Oh yeah, sorry I forgot you're saving your first shoulder embrace for your little boyfriend." Bob said with a teasing smile, making Frank glare at him.

"He's not my boyfriend," He said sternly, because Gerard wasn't. Sure, Frank wanted him to be, but maybe Gerard was right. He wasn't the most ready to have them be official yet... he still wasn't the most stable person in the world.

Bob frowned at that, "Why not? Don't y'all like each other?"

Frank shrugged, "Yeah, I guess. But I'm still... y'know."

Bob nodded slowly, "So, you two are like casually fucking or is it more of a friendship kind of thing?"

Frank sighed loudly, "It's neither. We're not having sex and we're not just friends."