✩ FRENCH 'ROAST' ✩

not edited [point out any clerical errors if you see 'em!]

WARNING: mentions of past addictions

WHEN FRANK WALKED into his kitchen the morning after he and Gerard had eaten his home cooked meal, he could very easily smell something sweet.

He also saw Gerard of course, his back to Frank as he seemed to be doing something over the stove.

Frank had never actually seen Gerard cook anything, he didn't really think Gerard was the "making breakfast" sort of guy. Gerard sort of gave Frank the notion that he woke up ten minutes before he would be late and chugged his coffee on the way— not looked to be making... French Toast?

Gerard must have heard Frank's cane on the floor, because soon he turned with a dopey smile. His shirt hanging low on his torso, revealing his pale collarbones to a drowsy Frank.

"Morning, Frankie." He said, glancing back at the stove before he fully smiled at Frank.

Frank offered him a weak and temporary smile, limping over to his stool slowly as Gerard watched him.

"What're you doing?" Frank asked eventually, watching as Gerard's cheeks lit up with a rosy pink.

"Makin' French Toast... and picturing a young Keith Richards naked." Gerard laughed softly, making Frank almost want to laugh to.

Sometimes he forgot how cute and pretty Gerard's mannerisms were.

"You don't... have to cook for me, I can—"

"Who the fuck said this was for you?" Gerard giggled again, making Frank subtly look down to hide the soft blush his cheeks took on.

Gerard laughed again.

The laugh came from Gerard like a newly sprung leak - timid at first, stopping and starting. He wasn't done yet though, Frank could tell from the way he rolled his hazel eyes to the ceiling and half bit his lip.

"Just kidding... I, I thought I'd return the favour since you made dinner last night." And then he giggled again. The sound creating a shaking motion.

"You didn't have to do that..." Frank finally mumbled, trying to keep his creepy staring to a minimum this early in the morning.

Gerard sighed as he just shook his head through his grin, "I wanted to, dumbass."

Frank's eyebrows arched, waiting. In moments Gerard's laugh shone again, and it was more like a bust water main arching into a warm summer sky soaking everyone around him.

And then Gerard was turned away from Frank, fishing out a pair of plates for the two of them.

Frank cleared his throat, "Don't you have... work this morning?"

Gerard nodded, "Mhm, but my friend Alex said he'd cover me so I'd have enough time to catch your million-dollar reaction to my toast."

Frank just rolled his own eyes as he suppressed the need to tell him this was all unnecessary. But he restrained himself. He could tell for some fucking reason this was important to Gerard, and he didn't want to make it seem like he wasn't appreciative of his gesture.

"Oh, by the way," Gerard said as he set two plates down by the stove, "I might be a bit late tonight. I'm going to Linds' place."

Frank nodded softly, looking down at the counter as he realised he had therapy again today.

Damnit.

He stayed quiet as Gerard moved around, placing down the toast and covering it very lightly in powdered sugar. Though he must have noticed Frank's absent behaviour after a while because he glanced back at him with a frown.